Hi, I'm 18 and sexually active, and on the pill, but for about the past month I've been experiencing a lot of extra vaginal discharge its very thick, yellow and mucus like a booger my boyfriend told me and I felt it and it does kind of remind me of a booger but it gets to the point during the day where if I don't wear a panty liner or something it ruins my underwear and on some days it goes through and gets on the inside of my pants. I've started not wearing undies because I don't want this to ruin all the undies I have p.s. i wear mostly thongs. It does not have a bad odor although my boyfriend says it does smell a lot stronger than usual, I understand it could just be from ovulating but I know you only ovulate for about 1 to 2 days so the longest I would expect the extra discharge to last is about a week but it's been way longer than that. and i know the difference between when im ovulating and normal because my discharge is different then this. If anyone has gone through this or knows what it could be, please let me know I have not had my first gyno appointment yet for as the guidelines where I live say you don't get one til your 21. I'm not too scared if it doesn't go away after my next period I'm going to go see my doctor but I really don't want to because it's embarrassing.

Um. Not to scare you or anything. But I just looked on this website, that helped me, with one or my discharges when i was wetting my underwear more than usual, not peeing. But base on what this website is saying, you might have a STD, known as Trichomoniasis. Do you feel pain while peeing, like itching? It really does lists all the things you said.. It said, it can be frothy, green or yellowish with a bad smell..

Symptoms: Discomfort with intercourse,Itching of the inner thighs,Vaginal discharge (thin, greenish-yellow, frothy or foamy),Vaginal itching,Vulvar itching or swelling of the labia,Vaginal odor (foul or strong smell,Itching of the inner thighs, Vaginal discharge (thin, greeni,sh-yellow, frothy or foamy), vaginal itching,Vulvar itching or swelling of the labia,Vaginal odor (foul or strong smell).

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Trichomoniasis is a sexually transmitted infection caused by the parasite Trichomonas vaginalis.The disease can affect both men and women, but the symptoms differ between the two groups. The infection usually does not cause symptoms in men and goes away on its own in a few weeks.

It might be embarrassing talking to your gyne about this kind of stuff however, they deal with this kind of things every day and everything's confidential. ANyway, about your symptoms I would agree with thewhowho3, you might have chlamydia. The symptoms are itching, bumps on the vaginal area, lots of discharge like how you described it. It is different from every woman though and about 20% of people experiences the symptoms, some people even might have it and not know because it is an STD that is "silent" for most people. To make sure, get an appointment and if it is positive, it is treatable. 

You don't ovulate when you're on the pill. That sounds irregular, and I agree that you should get that checked out asap.