Please, help.  No one has answered my question.

So, I have this thick, green, cottage-cheese like substance in my vagina. It doesn't smell bad. It actually smells sweet. My vagina doesn't itch or burn. Last week, it went away for about a week and I was super "wet" with clear mucus-like. But, it is back again. It's not yellow, it's like anywhere from a mint green color to a mint green-gray color. Can someone please help me and tell me what the heck is going on???

Thank you!

What is your diet? 

Do you have any feminine hygiene at all?  If so, what do you do?

I'm no expert but i think you have Bacterial Vaginosis

I searched and according to others the smell is kinda sweet and its green with no itch.

Ask you docter he will probaly do a a swab of the subtance and send it to a lab for testing

My diet is pretty simple. Brown rice, veggies, fruits, light meat and very light dairy. Feminine hygiene? I use baby soap to wash my vagina.

Thank you. I reviewed the descriptions for BV and didn't find that it fit mine.

Here is some information about this type of discharge that I could find that may fit your description, I do think you should contact your doctor and discuss with them the type and color of discharge that you are having. It may be nothing especially due to the fact that you have no itching, burning or swelling of the vagina but it is always a good idea to make sure it is normal. The only the other I may recommend beyond the baby soap on your vagina is to also clean the inside of your vagina out perhaps once a week, to do this I just use a finger (make sure your finger nails are not sharp, jagged and cut also clean) and squat in the shower gently insert a finger into the vagina and run in circles to see if you have any discharge (which is normal) that you can get out with your finger, do this until clean. Hope this helps and sorry so long.

Signs of Abnormal Discharge - Any changes in color or amount of discharge may be a sign of a vaginal infection. Vaginal infections are very common; most women will experience some form of a vaginal infection in their lifetime. If you experience any of the symptoms below, this may be a sign of vaginal infection:

Discharge accompanied by itching, rash or soreness
Persistent, increased discharge
Burning on skin during urination
White, clumpy discharge (somewhat like cottage cheese)
Grey/white or yellow/green discharge with a foul odor

Trichomoniasis - This infection is caused by a one-celled protozoan organism. Trichomoniasis is almost always spread through sexual contact. However, the protozoan organism can survive for up to twenty-four hours in a moist environment, making wet towels or bathing suits possible instruments of transmission from someone with the infection.
Signs and Symptoms

Most men and some women don't display any symptoms, which may include:

Yellow/green, frothy, discharge
Foul odor with discharge
Increased amount of discharge
Inflammation of vulva/vagina
Increased frequency of urination
Itching

Treatment

The treatment used is the oral antibiotic, metronidazole. Remember - no alcohol consumption when taking the medication and for 48 hours after treatment! It is recommended that both partners be treated at the same time to avoid recurrent infections. Partners should be treated even if they aren't displaying any symptoms. Avoid intercourse until treatment is completed.
Monilia (Yeast) Infection

There is normally a small amount of yeast (Candida albicans) present in the vagina. A yeast infection occurs when there is an overabundance of yeast, often caused by a change in the pH balance of the vagina. Yeast infections are not usually sexually transmitted.
Some factors that may increase susceptibility to yeast infections

Increased stress
Use of oral contraceptives
Diabetes
Pregnancy
Use of antibiotics (protective bacteria are destroyed by antibiotics, allowing yeast overgrowth)

Signs and symptoms

Increased amount of discharge
White, clumpy (cottage cheese-like), discharge
Redness, itching, burning in vaginal/vulvar area

Treatment

Since yeast is normally present in the vagina, it is unrealistic to try to eliminate all yeast. Therefore, the goal of treatment is to reduce the overgrowth of yeast organisms and return the vagina to a healthy balance. Treatment consists of antifungal agents in the form of tablets, vaginal creams or suppositories. Over-the-counter treatments are available. However, if you are pregnant, always be sure to have any medications approved by a health care provider. Partners are not usually treated unless they are displaying symptoms such as itching or irritation in the genital area. Treatment for male partners consists of the use of fungicidal cream on the penis.
Prevention and treatment guidelines for vaginal infections

Have new partners wear condoms during sexual intercourse.
Stay healthy; eat well, get enough sleep, drink enough fluids.
Keep vaginal area clean and dry.
Wear cotton underwear.
Wipe from front to back after urination or bowel movement.
Avoid using deodorant pads or tampons.
Don't use petroleum jelly or other oils for lubricants.
Don't douche.
Use medication as long as directed.
Avoid sexual intercourse until treatment is completed and you are symptom free.
Don't scratch infected or inflamed areas; it can cause further irritation.
If using medication inside the vagina, use it during the menstrual period.
During an infection, use pads rather than tampons if menstruation occurs.
Avoid vulvo/vaginal irritants, including perfumed or deodorant soaps/body washes.
If symptoms persist after completing the treatment, an exam is indicated. Call for an appointment, and please use nothing in the vagina for 48 hours prior to your exam.

did you ever figure out what you had by chance? i have the exact same symptoms

Did you find out what was the discharge about? I have the same exact thing. I went to the doctor he said it was a bacteria, gave me medication but it seem to have gotten worst now it even itching and burning.

What was it?

I had the exact same symptoms. Went to the ob-gyn; he said it was a yeast infection and that sometimes it can be green or green/gray. Now this guy is a regular M.D., board certified, and said to douche with buttermilk or use empty plungers (like Monostat comes in) to insert unflavored yogurt. Really! I haven't tried it yet. Bought the buttermilk buy just can't bring myself to use the turkey baster to put it in.

Yes yoghurt is a common treatment for yeast infection. You wash with and insert it into your vagina to treat. Also eat lots of the plain yoghurt and avoid eating too much sugar.

I know this is an old thread but to the original poster or someone who might be suffering the same symptoms: Diabetes.

Bacterial Vaginosis STINKS, it's foul. There is no possible way to confuse it with sweet.

Diabetic women are prone to yeast infections and the "sweet" odor practically gives it away. This happened to me, I freaked out, and it wasn't trich or any other STD--else I'd be casket shopping for my husband of 25yrs--it was diabetes.

I had the same thing! Went to my Dr and he said "Wow!". That is not what you want to hear while your Dr is looking at your vagina!! He swore it was a yeast infection but the test came back at bacteria.

I've never had this kind of discharge before and I've had yeast infections. Those were like torture from hell!! This was just weird.

My Dr suggested I start on a probiotic orally and inserted.

Hope this was helpful!