I missed my period last month and again this month. I have been trying for a baby. My last period was feb. 13. I have regular periods. I have a yellow snotty mucas looking discharge and I'm trying to figure out if that might be a early sign of pregnancy. I took 3 hpt a week after my missed period. 11 days after and 22 days after and they were all neg. I have slight pain in my lower stomach but nothing major. I have mood swings to. Can someone please help?

Hi haylee

You are probably suffering from Trichomoniasis - here is more info for you -

Trichomoniasis -

This infection is caused by a one-celled protozoan organism. Trichomoniasis is almost always spread through sexual contact. However, the protozoan organism can survive for up to twenty-four hours in a moist environment, making wet towels or bathing suits possible instruments of transmission from someone with the infection.

Signs and Symptoms

Most men and some women don't display any symptoms, which may include:

• Yellow/green, frothy, discharge
  • Foul odor with discharge
  • Increased amount of discharge
  • Inflammation of vulva/vagina
  • Increased frequency of urination
  • Itching

Treatment

The treatment used is the oral antibiotic, metronidazole. Remember - no alcohol consumption when taking the medication and for 48 hours after treatment! It is recommended that both partners be treated at the same time to avoid recurrent infections. Partners should be treated even if they aren't displaying any symptoms. Avoid intercourse until treatment is completed.

However, if it is odorless or mild-smelling milky discharge that you may have noticed in your underwear before you were pregnant. There's just a lot more of it now, partly because of increased estrogen production and greater blood flow to the vaginal area. This discharge is made up of secretions from the cervix and vagina, old cells from the walls of the vagina, and normal bacterial flora from the vagina.

You'll probably notice more vaginal discharge as you approach labor, although it's likely to look somewhat different from the flow you've become accustomed to.

In very early pregnancy, cervical secretions filled your cervical canal and created a protective barrier – the so-called mucus plug. As your cervix begins to efface (thin out) and dilate (open up), it may expel this mucus, and you'll notice discharge that looks like egg white or mucus from a runny nose on a cold day. You may even expel the plug in one gelatinous glob. This discharge might be tinged with a bit of blood.

As for your pregnancy tests - home pregnancy tests can go wrong. So, suggest you visit a doctor and get a clinical pregnancy test done. Good luck