I hope I'm doing this right, since I'm new here. Right now I can't afford to go to a doctor. I had a major leak in my house and plumbing and surprise dry rot repair had cost me an arm and a leg. So I'm going to have to wait a couple months before I can pay to visit a doctor. I did have my thyroid and blood work checked not too long ago (about a year) and they were fine.

Lately I've had pregnancy symptoms such as metal mouth, mild nausea, dizziness, increased urination, food cravings and aversions, fatigue, getting mildly sick after eating, mild cramping in my sides, breast tenderness, excessive cervical discharge (sorry if that was TMI but it's not an infection), bipolar emotions, hot flashes and night sweats. This has been going on for almost 2 months.

I am an active 27 year old, in a healthy monogamous relationship (so STDs are out). I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative so pregnancy is not the culprit of the above afflictions.

But PCOS runs in the family, and although I have not been diagnosed with it, I am not ruling out this possibility. But I know little about it except that it CAN cause the above symptoms if there are cysts present. I would be satisfied with this answer, however when I read questions and answers regarding the above symptoms directly caused by PCOS, one detail throws off the explanation regarding my situation: The above symptoms are always reported when women aren't menstruating! I menstruate regularly on a 34 day cycle and am on my cycle right now (which further supports that this is NOT a pregnancy). It does vary 1 or 2 days, but it's clockwork otherwise.

So my question is this: are there any women here who *ARE having normal periods* who get these symptoms with PCOS? Or could I have some other reproductive problem that can't wait a few more months for a doctor? If PCOS doesn't give the above symptoms WITH normal periods, then what else can be causing this? I did intentionally lose weight of 40 pounds in 6 months. I am overweight but not obese. A food allergy? Alien Abduction?

I will follow up with an update if it goes away or if I figure anything out. I'm kind of hoping it's just my body being weird or PCOS - I can live with either.

Hi honey! My big question for you is this, "Do you have ANY pains while having sex?" also Are there pains with the following:

1. Bowel Movements
2. Periods
3. Lifting
4. Sneezing!

I don't have any pains with any of that. Except I do get very, very mild cramping during menstruation, but that has been the status quo since menarche at 13.

No, let me make a correction. Just recently I've had minor stomach pain while sneezing, but Allergy Season is nearing so I never thought to make a connection... I can't really see the correlation, though?

And pain during sex is only when my fiance bumps my cervix too hard (that is also status quo), and it's a dull ache that leaves rather quickly once I tell him to 'Be gentle!', though for the last month the ache stays for a little bit longer. But it is a very dull ache, it's easily ignorable. Is that abnormal? I've never been anyone else so I wouldn't know. :-)

I was leaning towards endometriosis! But that doesn't sound like this now! Even though I haven't heard of regular periods while sufering from PCOS, does NOT mean this isn't possible! And also know that unless you don't have TERRIBLE pains PCOS is fine to get checked out later! So when you can get in there ad ask for a TransVaginal Ultrasound! This will show what is going on! I have another quesiton, RU trying to get pregnant or REALLY do want to be or don't want to be pregnant?

I'm thinking PCOS, too. I heard PCOS and Diabetes can go hand in hand, and my doctor discovered I have Diabetes about 6 months ago, but my blood sugar is effectively and so tightly under control now that my bloodwork shows 'non diabetic' levels when I go in for a checkup and any time I test my blood. (which is why I lost 40 lbs in 6 months!) I know diabetes can cause excessive urination and exhaustion, but not if sugars are under control. This really has me scratching my head!

I am not trying to get pregnant and don't really want one right now. Maybe in 5 or 10 years. My fiance feels the same way about it. I have too many things I want to do right now that a kid would get in the way of. (Might sound weird, but I'm really enjoying renovating my old house!) We're mostly protected. Maybe once or twice a year we get caught up in the moment, but we're otherwise safe in that department.

I will look into a transvaginal ultrasound and give you an update on that.

Update! Some stuff happened. :p

Since I originally posted, I forgot to mention that my boobs got bigger and other interesting symptoms like a blotchy face and itchy nips. I don't think growing boobs and a blotchy face are a sign of PCOS? Don't have any answers on that.

Anyway! I took another pg test, just in case, 'cause I'd like to get to drinking wine again, and got weird blue spots (I posted about that elsewhere) that was apparently an invalid test since I took another and it was neg. Just had to be sure on that. Helllooo alcohol cabinet. Lol!

So, there is apparently something small on my ovary that showed up on an ultrasound. They don't know what it is, but it is small, I'm guessing it is 1 cyst. So far i'm not getting any verification if I have PCOS, but a cyst sounds accurate. They want me to come in again for ultrasound.... but I don't have any more money to fling at a machine that couldn't tell me what I saw was a cyst since it looked like one to me! Those are common enough, I hear.

Thanks for input!

Oh, doctor also said I don't have endometriosis. That's a releif! :-)

Oh, and just as an FYI for some people who can't afford doctor visits, sometimes they are willing to set up a payment plan, definately ask them before assuming they won't... i coulda had an answer weeks earlier if I just asked rather than assumed. Lesson learned!

i myself have PCOS. i have had in the past irregular periods for years. but with the past year and a half i have had regular periods every month. i myself is trying to conseive but has been very difficult for me since i have been trying for close to 3 years now. my doctor has put me on metformin to try and help. and i have been on that for about 3 months now. i just dont understand why if i have been having regular periods why i am still having trouble conceiving. i have a regular sex life so that wouldnt be the issue........... its so frustraiting.

i also have PCOS

I have the exact symptoms as yours, regular periods (every 28 days like clockwork). I did recently lose a lot of weight also about 30 lbs. The only thing is I also have bouts of severe abdominal pains, sometimes painful sex, and high blood pressure. Years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS and the symptoms choose to show up now

I also have been diagnosed with pcos and my symptoms are lots of facial hair and all over my body, pain during sex, abdominal pain, some white balls, looks like white heads but they're not and they keep on growing , they are around my eyes, I had cysts on my ovaries before and they tend to go away, only one time I had surgery cause I developed a cyst that grow bigger than my uterus and other occasion a cyst broke inside of me causing lots of pain, vomits I couldn't even walk but I have also regular mentrual periods with 1 or 2 days difference, I also noticed that my periods are lasting a bit longer, I used to have a period that used to last 3-4 days and now it last 7-8 days. I recently have blood tests taken and all of my hormones came back normal with the exeption of dheas that came back alterated, I looked in the internet and it said that this is the hormone that causes the hair grown like a man type, is getting thicker and if I wax by the next day or the day after they're coming out again.

Hi i went to the hospital last month and i did an ultra sound and was suggested to have PCOS i have had irregular periods but i was on birth control for a few months. I stopped around November or little before. My periods have been coming on time now for the full 28 days and now i am suggested to have it so i don't know what i am to do. I want to have have children as early as possible but i have heard its hard but since i am having on time periods will it be hard for me to get pregnant if i try?