I'm 20 years old and I've been with my boyfriend for three years. Ive been on the pill for about 2 and a half years. I came off of it recently and ever since Ive had my period when I was 15 i've been irregular. My period was late last month and I should be expecting it soon. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I'm gaining weight and I have this weird feeling in my stomach. Ive been more irritated then usual, and have cried a lot recently out of no where. Ive had chest pains the past few days and have been urinating a lot more frequently than usual. I've been really tired lately and Ive read posts of women who don't find out they're pregnant until 3 and a half months. Today out of no where I got sick to my stomach and threw up. I don't know what to do. I dont think I'm imagining this in my head, my body just feels different. Help? Advice? Stories?

it is common for women to get false negatives in the beginning. your HCG levels may not be high enough for a pregnancy test to show yet. best advice is to go to the dr if it is wayy late and have a blood test done. thats the only sure way you will know if you're pregnant. but sounds like you might be.

hello, i just read your case...
last month i didn't get my period, so i took a pregnancy test, it was NEGATIVE! so when i still didn't get my period i took another test and it was also negative, i was supposed to have my period, on january 17. until now i didn't have it, so yesterday i took a pregnancy test and i was positive:S i dont understand!!
i went to see a doctor, so he told to have an ultrasound to determine the age of pregnancy and a blood test.
but i read on the notice, that a cyst on the ovary could cause false results...so could this positive result be due to a cyst??? cuz they also influence periods... i don't know, i'm very worried...
But i dont have any pregnancy symptoms, i only have aches, just like periods aches..
so for you i suggest u do an ultrasound to know early in case you dont want to be pregnant...

keep me updated with ur news, and i'll keep u up with mine..
good luck

i agree with raerae19.. last month i had my period late, so i took a pregnancy test, it was negative, and when i still didn't get my period, i took another one, it was also negative... so i was kinda relived and said maybe it's the stress or fatigue..
but this month i didn't get my period two!! so i took the test, and it was positive :S
i'm having a blood test next week, and an ultrasound...
but on the test nitice they say that a cyst in the ovary might lead to false results?? and cysts have influence on periods...so i don't know, could i have a cyst and that's what gave the positive result???

so i advise you to have a blood test, don't wait too long like i did..keep me updated, gd luck

and i don't have any symptoms! no nausea no vomiting, nothing!! just aches from time to time, like the aches in periods.

I am the same i have got 21 symptoms (according to some sites) i am now 3 days away from Af i took a HPT and got a BFN this morning cause this mean it is a false neg or is this my body saying Aunt flow is just being a real pain in my back ???

nausea, vomitting, heartburn, sore breasts, sore nipples, unusual cravings, diarreha, fatigue, and mood swings are signs of pregnancy.. if you are experiencing signs then i would go to the dr. a cysts could be causing a false negative, but the only sure way to find out would be to go to the dr. its not extremely common for someone to get a cyst so you could be pregnant. some women dont even have pregnancy symptoms. have you ever watched "i didnt know i was pregnant"? on TLC...some women go a full nine months not knowing. it just all depends on your body, everyones different. some experience symptoms late on in the pregnancy.dr's could run tests and do ultrasounds and tell you exactly whats going on.

ok here are some of my symptoms i have a list of them LOL :D

. Nausea or morning sickness Y
2. Headaches: Y
3. Dizziness and fainting spells N
4. Mood swings: Y
5. Fatigue: slight
6. Food cravings ....Y for sweet food
7. Weight gain and bloating ... slightly bloated
8. Heartburn: Yes
9. Lower back pain: Yes
10. Constipation Have had
11. Constant urination: Yes feels like every 5 minutes
12. High Basal Body Temperature (BBT): sitting arounf 36.7 My normal is around 36
13. Cramping: Fells like period cramps
14. Spotting: No
15. Darkening of the areolas No
16. Tender or swollen breasts.. Yes for tender and the feell swollen but they are not
17. Missed periods: due in 3 days now
18. Positive pregnancy tests and havnt had one yet keep getting neg

My cramping has been on my left side but now moved to to bottoms of my stomach thought they might just have been disentry pains or contapation pains but i dont think they are as i am (sorry TMFI) as i am runny freely

you have most of the symptoms. prob want to see if you get your period and if not take a test or go to a dr. good luck.

I took another test last night and it was negative. Still no period, my breasts are starting to get sore and I feel like my stomach is hard. I don't have an OBGYN yet and I don't know what to do. I heard you have to take the test in the AM is this true? Is it an instinct to just "know" you're pregnant? What should I do now?

yes it's better if u take it in the morning when u wake up, the HCG will be more concentrated. and as i told u i took it twice and it was negative. but the third time was positive. maybe your level of HCG is still very low so that the test can't detect it. Go have a blood test, or wait...

Like I said before I don't have an OBGYN yet. Can I go to my regular doctor or maybe even planned parenthood to have a blood test done? Is it possible to just "feel" pregnant and know you are?

ummm well, i didn't go to an OBGYN, i just went to a regular doctor, and told him what i have, so he gave me a prescription for a blood test, an ultrasound, and an appointment at the "familial planning clinic".
and about the instinct, i dont know if u can just feel pregnant, i don't, and still can't believe that, but maybe u can.

Ok thanks for your help. I think I'm going to take another test in the morning and then call my doctor.