Hi, I am a 20 year old man, and I have pectus exavatum since my birth. Is it treatable? Could I fix it somehow? Is it safe? Does someone of you guys know something about it?

Hello, Of course, it is treatable. But it can be corrected only with a surgery (or two).
The standard treatment for caved in chest involves wearing an body brace and undergoing two surgical procedures - one to remove extra cartilage in the rib cage and to insert a metal plate behind the sternum, and another, later on, to remove the plate. Bu there is an alternative to this. The new technique reconstructs the chest wall in one operation by using plastic mesh bands instead of a metal plate with a body brace. So as you see it is treatable.

i had it as well bt i never went to have surgery i did things at home like get 2 chair pull them apart n do press up n go right though the chairs n go gym n do exercises for ur chest like flys or cross overs ive been doin this every day 4 6 weeks n u can harly see it any more.

I was born with it also. I've made some significant improvements through exorcise as well. I'm going to have to give that 2 chair exorcise a try, sounds like a good one. If you're interested, you can get photos and more of my story here:

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I'm 14 years old and I have this bc of this my life has been terriable nd I can't afford surgery So if I get pacts and work my upper body it will go away

There is a newer treatment called a vacuum bell. it doesnt really have any short term effects but if you use it for 1 to 2 years regularly it says it will pop your chest back out. I was just researching it for my boyfriend who cant afford the downtime after surgery.

can u send me more information about that treatment ...., i dont want any surgery kindly send me the treatment

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use