Hi I'm 20 years old and have had a chest bone that sticks out quite far, as well as my collar bones, since i was about 10. I've read a lot about Marfan's syndrome, but it seems pectus carinatum affects the lower part or the chest bone while mine is the higher? I do have some of the other symptom's such as I am very tall (6ft girl) and have long limbs and a thin frame. Could this be Marfan's Syndrome?

Hi
This is my first post to this forum. I have a protruding chest bone - it is just below the collar bone in the center of my chest. I have seen the photos of pigeon chest and that is definitely not what I have - mine is not affecting the bottom of the rib cage at all - all is normal with the exception of the area above the cleavage area - right above the cleavage I have my chest wall protruding. I can remember when I first became aware of this and it was in my early teens. I was a very flexible person then, I am now 46 - I was an acrobat who could do a back bend and put my head between my legs. I have no other health problems that appear to link me to a syndrome like Marfan's. I am not exceptionally tall, etc. I do have what seems to be a congenital problem of no peristalisis - I was quite constipated as a child and through early adulthood - now I use metamucil and caffeine as a stimulant and have no problems. My daughter also has this congenital lack of peristalisis - she is using senna as treatment - but her chest bone doesn't protrude. Are there any syndromes which cover these 2 symptoms, or does it seem that my flexibility did something to my back/chest bones as a child? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I have this same problem and am 48. This has caused me to feel uncomfortable enough to avoid wearing certain types of shirts to hide it like shirts that button up with a collar. I have recently lost a lot of weight and now it is even more noticeable. I so far have only found that surgery can fix this problem which sounds really invasive (and expensive) and I don't want a big ugly surgical scar that will look just as bad. I was wondering if maybe a chiropractor could fix this or at least diminish it some, but haven't found the right google search to find anything. I may have to resort to just calling a chiropractor or visiting one to find out, but if I can't even find it on a google search, I'm thinking the answer is no. :-/