hey guys yeah I have Pectus excavatum too and it really really sucks, it's minor not severe, but it really brings my self-esteem down. I can't take my shirt off in public because it's noticeable even with some shirts and wifebeaters, I'm comfortable with my body just not my chest, I'm skinny, but have a lot of muscle. I talked to a doctor and he told me about the surgery with the bar, but the money and all the pain, I been working out for a good while now, and I really want to know do push ups make it worse or better, good luck to everyone else it makes me feel better, that I'm not the only one, and just for the record 1 of 300 people have it.

Guest wrote:

I would highly recommend working not only your chest hard, but your entire body, focusing on deep breathing and opening the chest as much as possible. You'll never get real results focusing on one area of your body, since every part of your body works in conjunction with other parts. Yoga and P90X have been a huge help for me. See photos and my story here:

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I have the same thing you do. I do around about 100 push-ups a day and i don't think they're affecting me much. I get pains one in a while but that's only when I play sports. I'm 16 years old by the way... posture really helps with pectus excavatum also.