I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of a technique that puts a hard silicone mold under your skin where it is sunken to make it look normal?

I am 51 years old, I had surgury done three times when I was 18-19 years old, for pectus excavatum, where the lower portion of the sternum and the tips of my ribs in that area were removed, and a silcone disk was put in to act in place of the sternum..within the first year the disk I'm told dislodged and where it is no ones been able to tell me..I have had continual pain, at times extreme. since then. I am now experiencing what feels as if my rib cage and heart or being squeezed..My pain is most often at a 10 level on the pain scale. So I would advise you to do massive research before having anything like this done..

Since at the time of my surgury, the silcone disk was experimental, I have not been able to find a Dr. who is learned in adults who had surgury such as mine..There are no long term studies done that I am aware of regarding what was done to me. I would not wish this pain on my worse enemy.

Hi, my name is Brandi and no I have never heard of this. I am going to have sugery for mine soon. The only two surgerys that are fo PE are the NUSS (new) and another one that starts with a R. With the NUSS they go in under your arms and place a bar that pops your chess out. With the other they go in by cuting you open from side to side and remove the cartlige and place a bar under your sturum for support, which is latter removed.

Hi, No I have not heard of that. I am to have surgery soon for PE. there are two surgerys that will fix PE. The first one is called Nuss and it is new. This is where they go in through your under arms and place a bar that will pop out your chest. The other i'm not sure what it is called, but They cut you open from side to side and remove you cartlige then place a bar under your sturmum for support then remove it after cartlige regrows.

whats the surgery called?

I have read it on a web site. My son who is 12 has just been diagnosed with mild PE, I do know that it is progressive. What age are you

I have been able to improve my PE through exorcise. See photos and more here:

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed