I gathered the following information from the url blow-

If you shoot or snort the medication, then the nalexone is fully absorbed, and blocks all of the effects of the buprenorphine (and any other opiate you might try to take) and you would go into immediate and full withdrawal.

My question is--if I snort suboxone can I put myself into immediate suboxone withdrawal see how it feels? I have taken suboxone for over 7 years and would like to quit. My layman thinking on this is that if it blocks me from feeling the effects of oxy or H then what about life's normal feelings happiness? None opiate generated feelings of euphoria. The "natural high" so to speak? I feel as if my life has been full of indifference since my oxy and H addiction and my suboxone maintenance. Yes my doctor has me on a long term suboxone maintenance "program". I have tried quitting for a short period of time. As I have seen written in threads here the first day is nothing, but by day two I am sneezing, water eyes, inability to sit still, and a level of anxiety that is somewhat comparable to a small benzo withdrawal. I get to this point and say why go through with this? Am I blocking opiate receptors that can be activated by a natural high. I know I the sub has stopped me several times from using oxy and H.

Anyway, my main question is about snorting the sub to speed through the suboxone withdrawal. I am down to 2mg/day. I have found that going from 16mg to 12 mg to 8mg etc., wasn't much, but go from 2mg to nothing is a big change. I guess that is the ceiling effect they speak of.
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

no you will still absorb the buprenorphine so when the nalaxone withdrawl is over you ar still gonna hurt pretty bad when the bupe wears off nalaxone only lasts a few hours while bupe stays in your system for a few days

get help.fast white jackets?

The naloxone does nothing, doesn't matter the ROA. It is simply a gimmick that tricks doctors into thinking that this drug is somehow superior to buprenorphine alone.

Buprenorphine has a much higher affinity for opiate receptors than full opiate agonists (like heroin), which is why a heroin addict who is not yet in full withdrawal will find himself in precipitated withdrawal if he takes suboxone or subutex.

The thing is, Buprenorphine also has a higher affinity for opiate receptors than naloxone, naltrexone, and every known opiate antagonist on the market. What this means is that you can't block the effects of buprenorphine with any drug... you can theoretically take a Suboxone patient and inject them with hundreds of doses of Narcan, and the only thing they would feel is the needle.

This is why hospital emergency rooms, intensive care units, and poison control centers have needed to get special training on buprenorphine since it hit the scene in the U.S. as Subutex/Suboxone... if a child or someone with no or low tolerance for opiates overdoses on it, you can't simply give them a shot and bring them back, like you can with every other opiate on the market... you have to put them in the ICU and on life support until the drug wears off.

American doctors are wildly misinformed on the action of naloxone when used in conjunction with buprenorphine. It does nothing. If your doctor says otherwise, ask him how many semesters he spend studying pharmacodynamics (most likely answer is zero).

Hours? You mean 40 minutes to 1 hour? Naloxone is not long lasting like naltrexone, i'm gonna say i even took heroin once in 1 hour and no precipitated withdrawal at all. The dose was 4mgs sub. Way too different with methadone that can give you a real bad hour since the naloxone is gone.