Hi there, well on the 6th May I had unprotected sex with by boyfriend, stupid yes. I took the morning after pill 2 days later - EllaOne (120 hour pill) - so this happened on the 8th. Since then we have had safe sex twice, once on the 18th and yesterday, the 31st.

SO, my period was due on the 28th/29th, and it is 3 days late now. I have been stressed out about this whole situation because I am only 16 and obviously pregnancy is a massive NO in my life. But, there is more. On the 29th (the day I was expecting my period) I went and took a test at my local family planning clinic, although I hadn't given my period much of a chance, I couldn't stand the worry and I needed to know. It came out negative. The woman who saw me said it would surely be accurate because it was 3 weeks + after the intercourse.

So why the hell is my period late? I have sore breasts and the occasional white discharge which I usually get before my period is due but I just don't understand. I spoke the my boyfriend about it of course, and we're both definite that everything went okay on the 18th and yesterday too, so why is my period late? It's driving me crazy and I can't take this waiting. I have no choice but I need some advice and reassurance, perhaps some past experiences...

The stress of this is terrible and I'm so young and although I probably should've taken this into consideration before making these choices, I really need this all to be over so I can get started on regular birth control to ensure nothing like this EVER happens again.

Please I need some answers, thank you so much! :)

Hi Victoria,

Your period is VERY likely late due to the morning after pill.  It's a common side effect that your next SEVERAL periods can be early or late AND heavier or lighter than normal.  You can also have some breast tenderness and cramping.

When will it come?  Can't say.  You took a very large dose of hormones and it can/does take time for the levels to return to normal.

It's unlikely you are pregnant.

Hope it helps.

Thank you! Peace of mind, finally!

When should I seek my family planning clinic again if my period doesn't come in 7 days? It does say to seek a health professional if your period is more than 7 days late...?

Take a home test in 7-10 days using your first morning urine, your wake up pee. Despite what the "woman" said testing early, and three weeks is still early, the chances of a false negative are high. I honestly don't see the need to rush back to the clinic immediately. We know why you are late. There is nothing they can do either. All they'll do is test. Hang in there, you'll get your period.

So you think the test I took on Wednesday bay have been wrong? Hm... I didn't think about that!

Well thanks, I'll post what happens, if and when I get my period or what the result turns out as, thanks again!

Okay, quick update, today I've been experiencing a lot of white discharge. No smell or anything, nothing that would imply an infection, but just white discharge...can anyone explain?

Took Next choice on 5/26/13. My cycle according to Pink Pad  was to start 6/11/13. I have too been waiting for my period and it is 2 days late. I have had the clear/white discharge and breast tenderness.  I am trying to not worry as this will only cause the cycle to be delayed.