okay so my last period was Aug. 24th and my partner and i had intercourse (unprotected btw) i ovulated someday between the 4th to the 6th i have a 28 day normal cycle. i missed my period on oct 20th and thought nothing of it, i have not been stressing and my eating/sleeping habits are normal and i am not on birth control or any medications. i took a pregnancy test 6 days after my missed period and it came out negative. i've really tired and hungry lately and my breast feel heavy and firm sometimes itchy, they do seem darker then normal. i've also been crying alot and sometimes i feel angry for no reason. its been two weeks now that i havnt had my period although thursday i did have some brown spotting when i whipped. i thought it was my period but it looked nothing like what i usually get and i have no cramps or much bloating. im very confused beause the pregnancy tests keep saying negative, but why else would i miss my period and then spot brown?? help!

If your last period was august 24 than you are more than 2 weeks late. I am 6 weeks pregnant now and for the last week I have been having brown spotting. I have a history of a miscarriage at 6 weeks so I have been very concerned all week. I am going for ultrasound today to see if the pregnancy is okay. As for the negative test it might be helpful for you to call your doctor and make an appointment. Hopefully you can find an answer soon!!!

Thank you for the reply n it was september srry, i have an appointment thursday morning at 9 and the brown spotting stopped this morning. i had no red heavy bleeding more like spotting and it lasted about 5 days i had no cramps what so ever and it just did not seem like a period.

You situation sounds exactly like mine. We have the same LMP of Sept 24th. I have also just had brown spotting no bright red bleeding. But with my history I am still concerned. Looking forward to my appointment today to see what is going on. Did you have an hcg level drawn? Wishing you best of luck on Thursday with your appointment! Let me know how your appointment goes.

Had my ultrasound today and saw the heartbeat and no bleeding!

thats good and i began bleeding tuesday what felt like a normal period but i started spotting again i have no cramps but i am bloated and i have alot of lower back pain. im still very tired and i have been really hungry which isnt normal

I would say to go see your doctor since there might be something else causing your symptoms!

Hi Bibixb!

Did you find out what cause the spotting? I have been late for more than 2 weeks and started spotting this few days. Thought AF is coming but no real period until now.. Have taken 2 hpt on the 1st and 2nd week delay but came out negative. 

Hi Bibixb - that sounds exactly like what I'm going through at the moment! I'm 13 days late for my period today (which would make me 6 weeks pregnant) and I normally have a regular 31 day cycle. I tested last week with a HPT and it came back negative. I'm experiencing pregnancy symptoms too (sore breasts the last few days, fatigue, bloated, moody, couple of waves of nausea) but today I started brown spotting. This was only very light (only when wiping). A couple of hours later I had red spotting and now it's brown again. No cramps, just a bit bloated. I just went to the doctor, he did another urine pregnancy test, which came back negative, and he reckons I most likely was pregnant but the foetus wasn't viable.

I'm confused as to what's happening!

What results did you get in the end?

Anybody else with similar experiences?

hi i am 2 weeks late an i spotted brown discharge for bout 4 days also no red heavy blood at all, i had very lights cramps during the spotting but ive taken 2 different pregnancy test and nothing both negative, any suggestions or ideas, does this sound like pregnancy or something else ill be making a DR. apt next week just wanted any tips before i go what it might be