Hi everyone my period lasts only 1 day, maximum 1 and half day... what can be the reason behind this ? How long should period last?  i'm quite worried Thanks

Hello. Your post caught my attention immediately because I am in the exact same boat. My period lasts for about 1 to 1-1/2 days as well. I always have cramps this first day too. I will have spotting (if you can call it that - more of a brown colour than red though) for about 3-4 days after. The last two times I have been to my gyn I have mentioned this to him. He says that as long as your periods are regular (which mine are, about every 26-28 days) you should have nothing to worry about - you are still ovulating. He said every woman is different. It worries me because everyone else I know is anywhere from 3-7 days. Is your period heavy the 1 day it does come? Mine is not even that heavy. By the way I am a 32 year old female with no children, what is your situation? It's a little relieving to know I'm not the only one worrying about this. Looking forward to your reply.
:-D

Hi there

its relieving for me too, to know that somebody else is with me in the boat... but seriously i feel that this has reduced to 1 day, i hope it doesnt vanishes someday, haha, but i havent shown it to gyneac yet...

i'll explain you my situation. lets say the whole day on friday i have cramps or some strange ache in my stomach, then on the friday evening i have spotting, then when i wake up saturday morning, the flow is quite a bit, the whole day is normal as a 1 st day shud be and then on sunday, wholde day, just spotting and monday i'm clear... i find it really strange as i have been in that position too where it was difficult to get out of the house in my periods.

well i'm a 24 year old married woman, with no planning of kids yet... but i hope it doesnt affect my fertility.

what do you say ?

Oh, I forgot to mention that I am not on birth control. Are you? I would feel better if I was because the pill tends to lessen the duration of a period.........I can't even use that as an excuse. As for your fertility, my gyn said that as long as it is regualr (which mine are, every 26-29 days) there should be nothing to worry about. Do yours come regularly every month? I asked my regular doctor if we could check my hormones and he said I'm too young for that. I am going to keep pushing for them to be tested though. Thanks for responding back, it is comforting to know that I'm not the only one. Maybe we are normal. LOL.

SOME women just do not bleed a lot, and it is normal.

As long as you have a regular cycle of bleeding, which you DO appear to have, your fertility is fine.

You just so happen to not bleed very much.

I am a 32-year-old female and have also recently noticed my periods are really short. Usually one day only. I am glad to hear that other people are in the same boat. I am really scared about it, but some of your responses are reassuring. I want to have kids in a couple of years, and I'm hoping this doesn't have anything to do with fertility.

I'm also in the same boat and was a bit freaked out about it. I'm 31 (will be 32 next month) and got off the pill 4 months ago (after taking it for about 16 years). My cycles have been very regular also (24-27 days)--while on the pill, my periods were pretty short-about 3-4 days but after I got off, the first month, it was 2 and 1/2 days, the next month it was about 2 days and the last two months, it has been about 1 and 1/2 days. Again, it has totally scared me, as my husband and I are about to start trying to get pregnant, and everyone I know has longer periods as well. But it definitely made me feel better reading these posts!

Great to hear from you guys. I am in the same position. Stopped taking the pill around 5 years ago and my period has never come back to the way it was pre-pill (lasted about 5 days). It now lasts about 1 - 1 1/2 days with a little bit of spotting afterwards. I am 31 and went to the Dr about 3 years ago because I was worried about it. I was told the same, as long as your periods are regular (which they are), then there is nothing to worry about. However she did send me for an ultrasound and hormone checks. The ultrasound was fine and the technician actually said he could see I was ovulating at the time. My LH levels were a little bit low but she seemed not too worried. I also had 2 ovarian cysts removed when I was 21 and although they said that should not affect my fertility it's another worry and I wonder if it's connected.

I have been single for a while but recently met someone. Not planning on babies for a while but it is an ongoing worry for me that my short periods might be connected with fertility. I found another post a while ago from someone who was in same position and had just had a baby and no problems conceiving though so maybe we are just lucky not to have heavy periods?!

hi all. i am having the same problem right now. last sat-sun had traces of blood after i wipe... so i was thinking that i am about to get my period. came monday there were traces of dark brown discharge on my liners then late afternoon got my period already. then tuesday it completely stopped....

i am sexually active. didnt get my period last april :-( but havent gotten any symptoms of being pregnant. had tons of pt's and all came out negative.

pleas help? :-( i am getting really paranoid....

Hi everyone

my period lasts only 2 day, maximum 2 and half day... what can be the reason behind this ? i'm quite worried

Thanks

Hi Everyone!
I have the same problem! I actually just went in last week, and they tested for thyroid, and that was fine. My doctor said I may not be ovulating, but I take Ovulation tests every month and it says my levels are going up....we are trying to have a baby, and haven't had any luck yet. I had 2 D&C's last year for a miscarriage, so I am praying that didn't cause any damage!!!

I've been freaking out for the past few months because my period seems to have gone from 4 days to 3 day to 2 and now just a little over 1 day. I have a feeling that the pill im on "YAZ" has messed up my whole system cause my period has not been the same since I started the pill :-( It makes me so sad and I'm really scared in regards to my fertility.
My gynecogolist told me not to worry at all and that my mentrual cycle might come back to normal eventually. She told me that I'm 26 years old and there's no need to worry about not being able to have a baby.

I feel so much better after reading all of these posts.
Thanks

Jessica

I should be receiving my period in 3 days from now, I'm praying that it lasts for a few days :-)

My period too has been getting shorter and shorter. I took the pill for two years, got off had a baby, got back on for almost a year. I haven't taken the pill now for four months and my periods have been getting shorter and shorter. Before, my period would last seven days and would be pretty heavy too, but now it is down to one heavy day. I was worried that I might have left a tampon in and had forgotten to take it out. Actually I am still worried that might be the cause. Can a forgotten tampon stop your period? I don't know if I did forget one in but I did think it was VERY odd that I had a very heavy period one day and the next day there wasn't even a trace of anything. Nothing. So odd. I think I'll check to see if I left one in. I read that if you squat down and feel around that you should be able to find a tampon if one is left in.... *sigh - Who knows...

I am only 29.

I have the exact same problem. I was on the pill for 10 years, I got engaged 7 months ago and stopped my pill and now my period lasts for 1-2 days. I have some bleeding in the morning of the first day and then I spot for the next day. My period was actually heavier while I was on the pill! I am very worried I will not be able to concieve after I get married next year and we start trying.

Has anyone with the same problem been able to get pregnant? I am just lucky to has short periods?

I don't know whether to be concerned or just let it go myself, but for the last year and half or so, my periods have only been 1 day long. The first day I will have the regular cramps and bleeding, then day two just spotting, then it stops for the next couple of days, and then I have a little spotting on the last day. I desperately want to have a child, but can't seem to get pregnant. I had a miscarriage in 2005, and two more prior to that. I am concerned that I will not be able to get pregnant since I am not having a normal period. I have been taking folic acid, multi vitamins, and Vitex in the hopes that something will help. I always see post and website that speak about menstrual issues following the use of birth control, or dealing with PCOS, or other health issues that never seem to fit my situation. It is very comforting, in an uncomfortable kind of way, to hear that others are dealing with the same issue. I just want some kind of reassurance that I will be able to have children. I guess, we'll see what happens.