I'm a bit confused! I quit taking birth control sometime in December 2005. I have had regular periods, always! Never been late once. January 28, I had a period and it lasted maybe 4 days. I had unprotected sex after that with my bf, soon-to-be fiance. I didn't have a period in Febuary at all. I waited and waited and didn't have a period in March until the 24th (a month and a half late) and it wasn't that long, I was cramping, bleeding, temperature, frequent headaches, and hungrIER. I quit bleeding on March 28. I took two pregnancy tests, and both were negative. It is now April, and I am wondering if I am pregnant? My breasts are a little tender around the nipples. I am hoping for a positive pregnancy test the next time I try, but when should I take one again? Does it sound like I am pregnant? Help!

I had the same problem when I stopped taking birthcontrol pills. I had been taking them for a few years, this is a long period and my organism got used to it. When I quit taking them, I could feel the change, I had some nausea, lost weight a bit, and my period was very late for the first time after I quit taking the pill. It is just natural to miss it afterwards, it can even happen that you miss a few periods in a row, until your organism gets used to a new condition. How much have you been on a pill?
As from I have read, I can’t tell whether you are pregnant or not, you have all the symptoms of pregnancy but both your tests showed a negative result. The period you had from 24th-28th March could be a “fake” period, but you would be sure about that when you take another test, this is the right time to do it as the results will be the most accurate now. If it once again shows the negative result, I think this irregular period you had is just the consequence of taking the pill.

While the symptoms you are experiencing, tender breasts and an increase in appetite, could definitely be part of the whole picture of pregnancy symptoms, it does not sound like you are pregnant. In most cases, late period, negative pregnancy test honestly means you are not pregnant. That is because pregnancy tests are nearly always accurate if you take them after a missed period. 

Seeing that you recently came off birth control and that can really mess with your cycle, I think you can quite safely assume that this is the cause. Still see a doctor to rule out other possible causes though.

me and my boyfriend have had sex without contraceptive and my periods were late by a few days and i have the sorest pains in my stomach i have ever had i also have a lot more clots of blood in my periods (quite big) have i miscarried?

ahhh.....i had the same problem. my period was a week late the first month.....but very light pink and short. the next month however, i had extreme cramps, stomach pains, nausea and the heaviest bleeding and clots i've ever seen. that was last month and i just havent felt right since.....could i have miscarried??? someone please answer if u can.....its driving me crazy!

I think you have to take a pregnancy test or consult a Gynac immediately...Someone please suggest me on this issue..I have been married for 2yrs n now we r planning for pregnancy. I have never taken any birth controls coz my hubby was using condoms. I always had a steady and regular periods till Dec 2007. From Jan/Feb my periods are regular but i am having very very light bleeding for the 1st n 2nd day n no bleeding from the next day. :-( I always assumed myself tobe pregnant but it never turned true. I had my fissure surgery done in the month of May, and from March 08 i was constantly in touch with the doctors and they always done tests on my pregnancy hoping the procedures doesn't delay further b'coz i was in my last stage of anal fissure where the conditions were worst.....This time also i had my regular period but very light bleeding.....I am really worried that I ever can conceive?????Pls someone suggest me.....

I'm 21 and me and my husband have been tryin 2 get preg I normaly have my period on the 24th and since the 19 I have had lower back pain cramps off and on and there more deeper pains I'm unusually tired and one day I had sore breast around the nipple and when I walked it had pressure on them I took a test it was neg so here it is the 30th and I just now started bleeding at first it was real light and dark brown now its dark red n kinda heavy but not like my normal period iam wondering if I could finally be preg or if my period was just late??? Please help :-) thanks

i am exactly the same..my fiance and i are trying to figure things out..i was a week late and i took two tests..came out negative than a week later i have very light bleeding for only 2 days..now i have lower back pains i had my nipples sore..and im cramping alil..what should i do..wait it out til next month or should i just go get check by the doctor..which i know is the best thing to do..but i just want to know if anyone else had this experience and knows the answer to our problem..thanks

Hi. I have a story similar to a lot of you ladies, so I'm hoping to help you out. My husband and I lost a baby almost 7 months ago, so we have decided to try again. Beginning of January I had a regular period and unprotected sex (i assume I was ovulating) the end of January I had an extremely light period lasting 2 days with light cramping and no clots, but it was lighter in color than usual. February I had another light period lasting 3 days and I took a hpt came up negative. I waited the whole month of March thinking the light period would come again, but It didn't. April 5 I took another htp and it was positive. I'm usually regular with my periods and they last about 6 days, so I'm thinking that maybe I got a false negative on the first test. I'll be going to the doctor soon, so they will be able to tell me exactly how far along I am. Keep your hopes high if your trying to conceive, and good luck to you all!

I'm hoping someone can help me...I recieved my normal 5 day cycle period last March 4 2010. It is now April 21st and still no period. I have been so so bloated and having cramps just like i would normally have when im expecting AF, but the cramps and bloating are every day for the last 2 or 3 weeks on and off. I have a very regular cycle and have not been on any birth control...me and my fiance are hoping i am expecting, but i took 2 pregnancy test and one has a very faint line (but i checked it after the 10 min mark) , the other negative. I spotted very lightly yesterday afternoon- like 4 tiny tiny red blood dots on toilet paper and i am so scared to take another pregnancy test because i don't want it to say negative again!!! I don't really have any other pregnancy symptoms except Im a little turned off by eating any food really...and some mood swings. I feel like AF is coming every day but she has not arrived. I want to go to doctor but no insurance and rather wait a while because ive read everywhere the HCG hormones may be too low in my urine to test still. So many woman are having the same problem out there and I hope it won't take 2 or 3 months before I learn I am actually prego too Any advice out there for me? This is absolutely driving me CRAZY!!!

I am passing through a similar stage. We are planning pregnancy, have tried conceiving during my probable ovulation dates. My cycles are about 35-38days, this time it is almost 45days and I am yet to get my periods. I have tested for hcg twice, both showing negative. Today I noticed blood-spots in urine twice and an not sure what is going on. Any advice? What could be happening?

Thanks.

i recently seen doc it takes 2 weeks from sex day before test taking and if still having issues i wouldnt worry but see someone

My period was three days late (not normal at all). I am not on birth control (took it for 2 months, but have been off for three). The first day it was late before bed I wiped and it was on bright red/pink spot. The next two days when I wiped it was light brown discharge (barely anything). I started today, but its not exactly a normal period. Whats going on? Could I be pregnant? An infection? Or just my body playing tricks on me?

I'm so confused I wonder if any of you can help me.....so I have been using this menstral app on my phone to keep up with my period, anyway it always came around the same time....for about 5-6 days...last month I skipped a period...a whole 70 days with out a cycle now I've had it for 7 days now....it's still light in color...it's a lighter red than usual...with more discharge than usual too... My breast are so tender, that usually happens before my period....I've taken a blood test with my gino and negative, I've taken a punchy test and negative...I'm so much more sleepy and thirsty, I've gotten nauseated a lot more than usual and also when I get up I get dizzy sometimes....many things have me so confused I've had 2 kids already and never experienced anything like this......

I was 14 days late then I got my period. Its been 8 days and im still on my period and it still looks like a light red. Can someone help? I am never late actually always early, I have light cramps, backache, headaches and feel dizzy frequently. I took a pregnancy test, before my period and it was neg. HELP!!!