I stopped taking birth control about two months. My period has been a little off with heavy bleeding. My last period was from June 6-June 11. I believe I was fertile between June 14 and June 20 and ovulating on the 19th. I had sex on the 19th and the condom broke. My period is now approximately 5 days late and I took a HPT on the 3rd day that I was late and it was negative. I do not believe that I am pregnant (or at least hope not) because I know my period could be shifting or stress could affect it. My question is when should I take another HPT and how many days late should I start to really be concerned about being pregnant?

Wait until you're a week late, then try again. My best friend didn't get a positive test result until she was 2 weeks prego. And she had took 3 before that and they were all negative. Good luck!

If the first test was negitive I recommend waiting a full week after that test. if it still comes up negitive and your period does not start see a doctor for a blood pregnancy test. Some women urine only shows a very small amount of the pregnancy hormone until late in there pregnancy which may not be enough for the test to register. I was 8 weeks pregnant with my daughter before I had a possitive pregnancy test (i had taken 3 before hand in which I was already pregnant)