Hello. I’m 18 year old female. I have a boyfriend for over than five months now and recently I have started sexual relationship with him.
He is very good to me and he cares about me, so I don’t have any reason to not believe him.
He is very careful and we used condom every time we had sex.
A week ago, after one party we all drank a bit and after it we had sex but he didn’t use condom.
After two days I started to experience symptoms of possible pregnancy.
I felt nausea, tender nipples and feeling sick almost all the time. You couldn’t imagine how frightened I was.
I ran to one drugstore and bought one home pregnancy test, used him and results were negative.
How common is a false negative pregnancy test and what causes it?

Whether it's your first time or your fifth time, taking a home pregnancy test (HPT) can be frustrating as hell.
Today’s tests are very accurate and most home pregnancy tests claim to be 97 percent to 99 percent accurate if they're used correctly.
So the basic thing is to use them properly.
Home pregnancy tests determine pregnancy through the detection of the hormone Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) in a woman's urine.
There are several possible causes of false negative pregnancy test.
If you take a home pregnancy test too early, you may get a false negative result.
Also, if you hold it too short in your urine stream you could get false result. Consuming large amounts of fluid before taking an HPT may also cause a false-negative test result because it has diluted your urine. It's best to take an HPT first thing in the morning because that's when your urine is the most concentrated.
If the home pregnancy test shows negative results but you still think you could be pregnant, wait a few days and try again.

FIRST OF ALL YOU AINT GONNA FEEL PREGNANCY SYMPTOMS IN 2 DAYS AFTER HAVING SEX!!!!! I dont know why people think you can feel pregnant 2 even a week after having unprotected sex. My test keept coming back negative the first week of my missed periond then possitive 2 weeks after that one. Good Luck!!!

Your main cause for negative test is that the HCG (hormone) levels can be low, home pregnancy test sometimes needs a high MUI level to detect the hormone. You can always confirm with a blood test if you haven't gotten your period and still worried that you may be pregnant.

"Just because you did not have symptoms that early, does not mean you should misinform others. I had sex on Saturday and was having symptoms on Monday. My boyfriend was making jokes which I totally blew off because I ABSOLUTELY DID NOT THINK SYMPTOMS COULD APPEAR THAT SOON! Well, by Wednesday I had severe shooting pains in my lowere abdomen, in addition to other symptoms which included and increased appetite already. I took 2 home pregnancy tests which both had positive results, all within just 4 days after intercourse. What a surprise this was to me because I thought just like you do about this subject, did not know it was actually possible to get any symptoms this early. But boy was I WRONG!

First Of All U Can Get Pregnancy Symptoms A Week After Intercouse Then I Had Dry Heaving, Belly Got Bigger Then Missed My Period Guess What I Was Pregnant! I Lost The Baby At 1 Month I Hope This Is Helpful.

Well, the morning after i supposedly conceived i woke up telling everyone i was pregnant, and didn't find out with a test for another month and a half.. The doc said i was accurate with timing and everything, and that i was most likely right about the feeling. If you know your body well enough, you can feel the hormonal changes taking place. I'm young but i know my body.

In response to Montana's statement that you can't feel pregnancy symptoms as early as 2 days.....you certainly can!!! I felt my first symptoms 4 days after trying to conceive. I was sick to my stomach and had breast tenderness, headaches and severe fatigue all within 4 days but with my first baby I wasn't sick until I was 8 weeks preggo! It all depends on how sensitive your body is to the hormonal change.

okayy this is a question... I had signs like dizzyness and nausea but i took [[2]] test like 5 days before my missing period and they still came negative could this mean im testing too early or just im NOT prego at all???

Actually, Montana is right. What you ladies are likely feeling is post-ovulation progesterone surges which produces symptoms identical to early pregnancy (such as tender breasts, bloating, nausia, etc.). It takes between 6 days (at the absolute earliest) and 12 days for the egg to implant. Your body releases hcg after and only after implantation and it is hcg which causes true pregnancy symptoms. In most cases, women just don't notice the progesterone effects because they aren't looking for them. This is why diagnosing pregnancy on your own can be so confusing, because it's nearly impossible to distinguish pregnancy symptoms from pms symptoms. Google your reproductive cycle, ladies, and take a long look at how things work. Your hormones screw with you.

For me, it's been 12 weeks since my last period, and I've taken probably a dozen home pregnancy tests, which all came back as negative. I'm waiting on the blood test results from the doctor's office, as their urine test was negative too. I'm so exhausted that I can barely function at work, with nausea and dizziness, and increased sensitivity to smells. I believe I'm pregnant, as do most people I talk to.

My friend had sex two weeks ago and it was unprotected. She said he was getting messy and there was no way she was not pregnant. She was taking birth control, but she took it irregularly. she took two pills that day that she had sex. I told her that by taking the pill irregularly she can still get pregnant. she took a test and it came back negative. She hasnt had a her period in over 2 months and shes getting worried. she told me after you stop taking birth control you should have your period....IM just wondering if that is true? She just took another test today which was exactly 2 weeks since she had sex. It said it wasnt an accurate reading. She doesnt know when she was supposed to have her period and she had read that you have to take a test when your period is late. She doesnt know when her period will be late. She doesnt want to take a blood test but i told her she might have to. But is it possible she could still be pregnant and not know it yet?? BTW she has been throwing up and idk if that could have anything to do with it. Please answer back soon!

none of this makes any sense to me. I have 3 children and i only feel pregnant after i am told, and usually after the 1st trimester. I
am freaking out! I am very regular, on a 32 day cycle an it is now nov.4 and my last period was aug.27 i am already late for my next per!!! this is not my first time at the rodeo, i am worried something may be wrong any input?? doc app on the 10th wish me luck. At this point i i hope i am prego even though i don't want more children. i could love a child more than i could love an illiness.... super scared.

Supporter
anonymous wrote:

You should go to the university that gave you your Ph.D. and ask for your money back. You absolutely do not get pregancy symptoms after 2 days of sexual intercourse. The only way that would be possible is if a previous sexual encounter was the actual cause of a possible pregnancy. Implantation takes place between 6 and 12 days post ovulation. You are not pregnant until implantation has occured somewhere in your body. (it does not have to be in your uterus for you to get symptoms). Furthermore, impending menstruation will also produces very similar symptoms to that of pregnancy. It is more likely that the symptoms she is experiences are either from that or she is overanalyzing her body and producing physiological rather than physical symptoms.

ok so I think the implantation you are referring to is when the egg implants into the body. A sperm can fertilize an egg with in 30mins after intercourse but It can take up to 7 days (any longer than that and the sperm die). and it is very possible to get symptoms soon after fertilization ie. headaches, bloating, hot/cold flashes. All of which are caused by the influx of pregnancy hormones as soon as the egg is fertilized. It is true however that 'most' symptoms are not detected until around the 5+ week of pregnancy , when the egg has implanted into the uterus.

I have been trying to get pregnant for sooooo long now and i had an hsg last month, i know i also ovulated and we did the deed on the right days! and now my period is late 4 days today?? but the stupid test said "negative" .....am i doing the test wrong i have been peeing in a cup and holding it in the pee so i insure that it coats the stick and i bought a clearblue digital conception indicator one too, they are not cheap so any advise would be great!! thanks! Fingers crossed that i am prego!!!