story
iv been smokin marijuana since age 14 and would callmyself a hevy user. i smoked everday and got more resistant to it im 19 now, 6 months ago i bought this 1 meter glass bong with an extra larger sized bowl. i use to to take small hits but after a while my bowls started to get bigger and bigger each day. i became greedy and wanted more eachtime...

after being really use to the bong one day i filled the large bowl all the way to the top , packed. i burned the weed inhaling really slow in order to fill the bong to its maximum cappacity in order to take all the smoke in one hit.. this time i didnt realize that there was close to no water in the bong..

i took to the hit and felt a instant strike to a portion of my throat, at the time i was blazing so much that it didnt seem much of a problem so i kept my smokin habbits. each day after that i noticed that each time i swalloed i felt a lump in my throart.. convinced that this would go away day i kept smokin.. the lump got bigger after 2 months and then i strated to panic and think that maybe this wont go away as i thought it

at first i even thought it was throat cancer just didnt imagine it to be realted to a single bong hit.. i got my throat checked out like 5 time took xrays all the doctors told me the same thing that the throat problem was caused by acid refulx. i even described what happen to the doctor like i did above about what i did to get this feel but he didnt pay much attention..

still thinkin that it was to bad to be true. i just kept smokin thinkin that my paranoia has brung to the stupidest conclusions and that its not a big problem but then from the signals from my brain i knew that i had to stop smoking so i did for 2 months.. it was 6 years that i didnt smoke and then i stopped i felt mentally good but then my throart problem wouldnt heal.. iv only been smokin very little amounts since the 2 month break but already im reachin to the point where its to much

can anyone give me any advice or tell of simular situations? i just dont know what to do im lookin for a cure to this .. everytime i swallow it feels liek a not being tugged .. i have a huge addiction problem so to stop and wake up to worlds reality with a not it kinda makes its worse

if anyone can just give me any benefical information that would be amazing thanks

This exact same thing happened to me word for word. When I took the hit, I felt an immediate sharp burn, razor sharp to one side of my throat. The rawness of this pain did not go away for a few days, but when it did, I began to have trouble breathing out of the nostril and my mouth on the right side, where I initially felt the burn in my throat. Also, my ear on that side felt plugged up as well.

I went to the doctor like you did about 3 months after it happened because I had felt a small marble-sized moveable lump on the side of my throat. And told her that I suspected this started from the bong hit. She just recommended I quit smoking (I was never a super heavy user) but they did take xrays of my throat and said they could find nothing abnormal.

I still feel these same symptoms a year later, and can even feel the lump move when I swallow. It feels like the lump is blocking the passage of air from getting from my chest to my mouth and nose, and the ear on that side still feels plugged up. The lump doesn't feel necessarily any bigger, but still.

I thought it was throat cancer like you, but it seems like it may just be a neck nodule...? These can be brought on by a number of things, even overexertion of voice, so maybe that's what did it. I am not sure what to do either, but will probably go back to the doctor periodically to make sure it is ok. Neck nodules can be removed, are quite common, cause the breathing symptoms, and are hardly ever cancerous from what I read.

I have been looking this up since Feb. when I got scared, and could find no real correlation, but your story is the exact same as mine. Let me know if you find out anything else.

Wow. Same here. I smoked through it a bit too and it's still here. I'm going to give up smoking for a while and see if that helps. Any news from the two previous posts? Did it go away in time?

Hi I'm 34 now and have been smoking pretty heavy for about 17 years mostly with bongs. I have NEVER SMOKED CIGs at all.  About 5 years ago started having burning sensations in my throat so I went to the Doctor.  He put me on allergy shots. I've now been on them for about 4 years.  I still feel MAJOR discomfort to the point where my throat is telling me to lay off the Bud.  It really sucks because I don't really drink but I love to smoke weed "only the good" Kush ect.  I have been back to the doctor recently and the said I have NO polyps but that my throat does look really irritated. So many times I've look deep in my throat with a flash light and it does look really red with some patchy spots.   It doesn't really hurt as I'm smoking but does hurt afterword for several DAY's mainly when I swallow.  I'm so depressed I've stopped for about 4 or 5 days at a time but the pain comes back right away when I smoke.  I've tried ICE in the bong and only take 1 or 2 very small hits per Day and still feel pain which really sucks.  I'm so depressed becasue I don't know Why or what is happening!!  I am athletic and in great shape and take good care of myself other than smoking bud.  I brush and floss 2x's  every day and have great oral hygene.  I can't even enjoy being high since my throat hurts about 30 min for days afterwords.  I wish there was somthing I could do to make things better other than quit smoking bud because I love smoking after a long hard days work.  I guess I'm going to have to quite for a long time to let things heal maybe permantly quit which really really sucks.  I've thought about making Cheeba Chews to eat BUT the process is fairly difficult to make HONEY OIL also called BHO EXTRATION then mixing the Honey Oil with tootsie rolls and eat them.  Man I love to smoke.  Well I felt like I needed to reply to this post since others did as well.

I have been recieving the same issues lately, all though I'm probably in the early stages, all the gives me this feeling that I have to cough and puke, but its literally preventing me to puke, so it all ends up with some pain in the chest or sensation of unwelcome particles in my throat/lungs, I've been hitting around 0.5g 6 times a day which includes tobacco. I went to the doctor, she gave me an appointment for an x-ray scan, which I never managed to fullfill. I'm quite a researching & experimental, computer geek, with a heavy weakness towards computer game, therefore I've been a busy being a lazy nerd lately ;-)But I've done some research on my own, and I found this serrapeptase, it have miracelously cured several people from anything between lumps, blocked arteries, bad lungs, anything non-living will be breaked down by this enzyme. It's naturally found on silkworms, they use this to instantly escape their cocoon if any predators strikes on it.I'm going for the doc when I cba, and see if they can order something for me, and write me up as a test person, let me know if any of you decides to go for it :-)

I am not a doc. But, burns can cause scar tissue. That could be what youre feeling.

My throat is screwed as well..I am 21... I've been smoking for the past 8 years....frikkin hell this bong is frikkin my throat ...I feel like sh*t...hard to swallow food and water...I am a musician and a singer...I have my own band...now I am scared about my throat...I am not sure about the bong anymore... since am used to bong I don't get hit by the blunts...and now I have shows where I gotta frikkin sing and I feel like sh*t ...I went to the doc...he suggested me to quit weed..
Now I cannot quit smokin weed..and I even love my voice which is too screwed now...I don't know what to do...anybody of u think bong would effect my voice??...f**k the doctors ?!!!
Pls help me out

Comes down to what your priorities are. Why can't you quit? Or switch to edibles or something? Good luck.

Worried about my throat, and vocal chords as well...Im 25 have been smoking for 5 years everyday, multiple times a day. I don't smoke cigarettes but used to when I was 18 until around 20. All my MJ smoking is mainly through a bong and occasionally through a pipe if I'm not at home. Usually around 1g/day by myself, more when I'm with friends or partying. I too was taking progressively larger hits and had a setup that would allow me to take one large hit which would set me straight. Since the beginning of this year I decided to cut back and was at about .5g/day, still by way of single large bong hits. It's been a month now that my voice has gotten strangely deeper and also very hoarse and raspy. Along with voice problems there is a red raw spot I can see on the right side of my throat that hurts sometimes when I swallow. At first I thought it was just allergies, and post nasal drip but after almost a couple weeks of no improvement I decided to go see a doctor, and quit smoking too. Doctor thought I had a sinus infection that was triggered by seasonal allergies, causing a post nasal drip leading to voice loss. Haven't smoked for about 2 weeks now and just finished a script of antibiotics with little if any improvement. Going to see an ENT next week and hopefully they can figure out what's going on. I personally feel this is my wake up call to stop combusting MJ. I love MJ and find it very helpful in dealing with my mild/moderate anxiety, and stress, but smoke in any form is just not healthy. I'm planning on investing in a nice handheld vaporizer to use from now on. For those of you with sore throats just be glad you haven't lost your voice because it really sucks.

@j-tawn76700
I read them all and I'm also having the same problems ..all of them .. just the same also consulted with doctors ... when i hit the bong i fell that somthing is stuck in my throat.. tried to burp,cough even tried to vomit but nothing helps!!
I noticed one thing .. when you are alone nd hiting a bong you feel this more.. but with friends aur when you are busy at something.. or not thinking about your throat... the pain is no more !!
If you ever heard of global sensation feeling in throat !!
I think the same thing is happening to us ... we started to feel a lump in the throat.
I love somking marijuana.. nd a don't want to quit Im also a heavy smoker because you know it feels good man but then again this problem ... I do littel things that helps me a bit may be can also helps you !!
1. Don't think about your throat and the lump (as much as possible .. think about some other things)
2. Don't sallow the cough just spit it (I think the cough we sallow is going nd creating a lump in the throat)
3. Keep talking be busy (don't shout)
4. Drink water
5. Try to smoke with your friends.. don't smoke alone (this will keeps you busy in other things)
6. To check the lump we rapidly keep sallowing .. don't sallow do nothing with your mouth be ideal ( if you wan't to sallow.. sallow it with water )
7. Eat something and drink water
8. Don't take a huge hit ... divide it
Well i do all these things to get rid of it a bit ... but then also i feel the lump a littel bit ... you have to set up your mind for this. And if you don't want it just quit smoking. As I can't do that becauce i love smoking buds.. it makes me feel alive .. so Im taking some alternatives
I hope this might helps you.

Yes itdoes quite now let your body recover break the bong with a hammer you will no longer be a slave and throw it in the trash can

Eat more edibles!