Hi im 17 and i just had my tonsils taken out and it has been a week and a half and i feel fine now i dont even need my pain pills but my scabs are still on but sumwut decreasing.My mom said she was not sure when but i just dont want to try and for it to start bleeding or for my tonsils to get infected but i really need one i feel if im ready tah go back to school im ready so smoke mah cig. agine..Can anyone help me..??Please..!! :)

Im 16 and Im on day 4 after my tonsillectomy, Day 1 being the day i got em out. As far as pain goes, im suffering very little compared to what most others seem to suffer. Im on liquid paracetamol 4 times a day and diclofenac 3 times a day.

I said to myself since i'd have to go a week or more without a cigarette, I might as well stop. Day 2 came, and those nicotine cravings were driving me insane. Being very weak willed I decided to bite the bullet and spark up. Thankfully, i experienced no discomfort and no bleeding from the throat, which I consider to be really lucky. Of course, I wouldnt recommend the risk of winding up in hospital after having to get your throat re-cauterized. I did, only because I'm stubborn and defiant. IF you are willing to take the risk, and having to explain to the doctors and your parents why your throat was bleeding, then by all means, give it a shot.

Hope this helps anybody reading it, and good luck with the healing process; nicotine or no nicotine.

:-D Xx

im on my 8th day still in agony havent eaten for days and im only drinking cos il probably die if i dont as for smoking i had my first cig about 30 mins after waking from my op and ive smoked normaly since it probably the reason why im still in bad pain but its just so boring and i cant resist it lol stuff it the pain cant last forever its food thats doing my head in i just want to eat everything i smell but its far too painfull for now anyways the point is ive smoked probably 200 cigs in the 8 days and im fine no bleedingso do as u please but it WILL take u longer to heal

i smoked for 10yrs+ b4 my op (tonsillectomy, rem. adenoids, turbinoplasty & septoplasty) & having smoke go down my throat is the last thing im thinking about at the moment, im already having 3weeks off work to recover & dont wont to prolong my suffering. nicotine patches are helping alot for the cravings but are pretty weird when u mix them with the painkillers. I havent smoked for a week now so ill hopefully use this opportunity to quit forever.

TIP: WHEN U BUY PATCHES BUY THE STRONGEST ONES POSSIBLE -then to ween yourself off them you just cut them to make them smaller. this way you can ween yourself off very gradually & you dont have to suddenly step down to a lower milligram patch which cost the same amount of the strong patch!

Hi.

Im 20 years old and got my tonsils removed a 8 days ago. The pain has not been fun and I have found that early mornings and late night is the worst. Eating has been impossible and on top it I started to get stomach pain and nausea from the painkillers.

However, I am slowly recovering and thank God for that. I am a smoker and have been smoking for 4 years, I also was a heavy smoker. I however have not touched a cigarette since the day I went in for the operation. and neither do I want to.

A word of advice, dont go back to smoking if you have already quit for like a week. My doctor to has advised that I stay away from smokey rooms, so of cause me smoking is a no no!!

I know its hard, but Im sure it will get better shortly. for me the cravings to smoke come and go, not as difficult as I thought it would be:) Now just need this pain to go, cause Im starving :-)

i had my tonsils removed 4 days ago and my friend wants to smoke a weed with me am i alright to do it?

I got my tonsils removed 2 weeks ago.. Just to be on the safe side, i waited ten days before smoking or drinking alcohol. i know it sucks.. but its way better than messing it up and having to go get it redone and just stretch out your recovery..

hey you should be safe to smoke a joint after a tonsilectomy as long as you don't have any more checkups where they may take blood but it only takes you about a week be4 its out of your system in a week but it may cause bleeding or pain and of course you have to consider "the munchies" which will hurt your throat worse but i smoked 2 days ago and im on day 4 and im fine

I got my tonsils out 6 days ago,
day 3 I woke up and took my medicine, and shortly after I coughed,
and my throat started bleeding really bad, and I had to go to the hospital to get it re-cauterized.
and that was without smoking, so I'm kinda scared to take the chance.

So I dont typically post on forums, but I found this one useful.

I just turned 21, had my tonsils removed. Its been 10 days and I am an avid green smoker and was dying to get back to my love mary jane. A couple of tokes on a volcano of some fine herb did the trick. The recovery has been rough I was very sick from all the medication even had to return to the ER for fluids. I am glad I waited but it was a much needed relief :-P

Well, i had mine taken out a week ago today, after the 1st op, i had bleedin so had to have it re-cauterised, to make things once on the 3rd day i smoked half a fag, barely, then on the 6th day i was back in hospital for an infection and more cauterisation however they simply have said its due to persistent problems prior to the op, do i risk havin a fag? ?

Im 14 I got my tonsils out yesterday. I find it very odd that im in very very little pain. i had them taken out at about 230 pm thursday, i havent slept yet and its 6;45 am friday. still no bad pain i dont understand! and my surgery took 3 times longer then normally because aparently i had the biggest adnoids she'd ever seen (the surgeon) so she gave me two weeks of school off and a big bottle of liquid hydrocodone. Ive been following the directions so i havent been just downing it getting screwed up so it doesnt hurt. wich i dont know why cause thats what i would usually do getting my hands on that kind of stuff. But im an everyday smoker and im actually taking bong hits as i type this. i just was having the worst time everyone around me getting stoned smoking cigs and im freakin layin here with no tonsils and i cant eat the bomb ass dinner theyre eatin i want food so frikkin bad! everyone thinks having to eat ice cream and popcicles and pudding and jello and applesauce is awesome. IT SUCKS BALLS!! i got into a crazy fight with my dad just because he thought i shouldnt eat the noodles. i wanted the damn noodles! i needed real food i thought i was dying man i love food! but no. no noodles for me. but yeah i just find it weird im not really in pain i mean i odviously feel it it feels weird and a little pain when i swallow but its nothing~and ive been talkin it up all day ive actally had more to say today then i have in a while! welp. going camping later so i gotta catch somezzzzzzs. 9:

i'm seventeen. & i got my tonsils & adenoids taken out four days ago. it hurts like a b***h. but i was token up the night of my surgery. with no bleeding, an i've smoked a few cigarettes since i've had it done. i can't eat, and i can barley sleep. so i don't really know if i would recommend for you to smoke cigarettes, toke up or anything of the sort after getting them removed, but its your choice.

Im 18 years old and i had my surgery earlier this morning. Immediately after getting home i ate a fu omelet. NO Pain it just felt like any regular day with a healthy throat. I smoke a couple cigarettes(at least five) a day and smoke weed almost every day of the week. Any way, i live in Alabama so it is common for guys my age, and i guess some girls to dip tobacco. Get yourself a can of Grizzly wintergreen and for someone who is new to dip it will surely last the two weeks you need to recover. Also, approx. a single dip can get your nicotine fix trifold!! If you are desperate for a nictone buzz but dont want to buy expensive patches or risk your throat opening from smoking. a good ole can of Dip is cheap and wonderfukle. oh btw this site sucks for making me sign up when everyone in this god damn forum is marked as guest.

I Smoke 400 Cigs A Day