I have this sensation of something being stuck in my throat everytime i swallow. It jus suddenly came after i recovered from tonsilitis, i get alot of tonsillitis and my friend also has the lump, but she got rid of it and mine is still here. Its been here for like 5 months! i just put up with it because i thought it would go on its own. sometimes i cough up a little bit of clear mucus, but never alot because i can never cough it up. right now my throat feels very sore and when i awoke this morning i noticed the pain, also the sensation feels worse than ever. I feel like my breathing is constricted because of this and my tonsils. And when i breathe it feels as though my tonsils are blocking it, i normally sniff out alot to stop the feeling, and its horrible when i wake up in the morning, its all slimy and discusting. Is there phlegm stuck in my throat?
If you have anything that could help this it would be appreaciated
thank you, Holly (Im only 14!)

i have the exact same thing.....and im 14 2 lol but i have no idea how to stop it my throat has been KILLING me for the past 2 monts or so

im 17 and I have this right now

i cant eat or sleep or even swallow my own saliva it hurts to much! i have the exact same problem too. i havent found anything thats going to help yet either. its so painful and on the left side of my tonsil i have a large bump and i think thats where all the pain is coming from everything is all swolen and its hard to breathe through my mouth. it feels like i have so much phlegm stuck up in my tonsils but i cant get it out cause it hurts the bump in my throat when i try to cough it up everythings all slimy too. this is honestly the worst feeling in the world. :-(
madelyn(16)

Now , listen girls i've had tonsilitis for over 10 days now , and yes i admit it's the most excruitiating pain anybody can come across , although there is a way to treat it. A Bacterial Tonsilitis Infection will need strong anti-bacterial tablets under a course of around 10 days , then from then you should be fine , it's what i have and all i have now is a sore throat and a runny nose.

In other cases such as viral tonsilitis.The general symptoms of viral tonsillitis are almost the same with that of the bacterial tonsillitis except for some minor differences. But clinically, the difference between viral and bacterial tonsillitis is that in the former you will only see that the tonsils are congested whereas in the latter, you can see changes in the tonsil like follicles, pus, larger crypts, etc. This will naturaly go as you're body fights it off.

Overall i think that you should both for the time being keep away from people with low emunity , and if you smoke now is the best time , smokin can make the tonsils more infected and last longer.
:D

OMG i have the same thing to its so annoying and im only 12. I have had it for two weeks and it wont seen to go, what shall i do? >;) >;) >;)

I would like to ask all you people having this throat problem if you smoke pot and if you do is it throw a (BONG),  Every one I know who smokes Bongs se.em to be having this same problem. 

I suggest you all try quiting smoking pot and cigarettes for a few weeks than see the diffrence in your throat.

Throat problems are not going to appear for no reason.

Well what can you tell an old lady that has tried one time smoking pot as a young adult, or tried smoking for about two weeks and decided that it wasn't for me and quit???? Since you are soooo knowledgeable that we are all druggies and smokers...please tell us what we do to help our miserable selves...Why don't you just fire all the doctors in this world and condemn us all to HELL? On second thought, why don't you stop trying to judge all of us and get the heck off this sight so we might just get some REAL HELP??? We are suffering here you id**t!!! We did NOT come on here for your judgmental attitude!!!

jackie i love you but i cant stop the bong lol

Stop complaining in a forum and go to see the doctor if it's that bad.

Some people don't have the money to.........

um i do believe she {jackie} was just tryin to help .. dont jist jump into conclusions ... are u a female ? perhaps ist just a period thing .. chill out and dont over think or assume things peace out and have a fabu day

He was not judging, pot and other narcotics can cause horrible things to happen, that is why they are banned. If you've smoked all your life, or even an hour or 2, your exposing you throat, lungs, and tonsils to toxic chemicals. He is giving advice. Your ignorance is causing an argument. Please don't be so hostile.

that is absolutely NOT why they are banned. What about aspirin which causes stomach bleeding and liver damage? What about canned foods, which contain bisphenol-A (bpa), a chemical that has been linked to infertility, other reproductive issues and heart disease? What about Microwave Popcorn? That's not banned. And the lining in the bags have perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), which causes infertility in humans. You probably are okay with eating farmed salmon. I mean, the government hasn't banned it, therefore its good, right? well..farmed salmon is lower in vitamin D and higher in contaminants, including carcinogens, PCBs, brominated flame retardants, and pesticides such as dioxin and DDT. Milk which has rBst in it can cause breast, prostate, and colon cancers.

So, my point is that just because something is banned, doesn't mean its bad. The logical opposite of what you are saying is that if something isn't banned, it's good! Well.. none of those things above sound good, do they?

they don't.

p.s. (warning: low blow)

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

im all right when im sitting up or moving around but when i lie on my back at night time my lungs are sore and heavy and breathing aint good i have a cough and blocked nose also i took this on dec 22nd 2016 and had 4 courses of antibiotics to help in which they did but i feel they never really cleared it all up wot can this be im a smoker also i feel i get worse when im around dust and air fresheners ect i brushed my carpets the other day as i got new windows and then i got this problem with my lungs and chest again wot is this illness and wot will cure it