I was diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia and have been receiving monthly B12 injections since. I have just discovered that many people with Pernicious anemia develop it because of Celiac. I would be curious to hear from others with pernicious anemia, to see what the relationship is between the two diseases? Symptoms I experience are extreme fatigue, irritation, depression, mood swings and sleep related problems.

Hello, I was also diagnosed with pernicious anemia. About 7 years ago I was so low on B12 that I was sleeping nearly 15 hours a day and had bad chest pains. I was also always cold, and lived in sweaters before. But no more, since going gluten-free I don't have pernicious anemia anymore. I don't know what kind of sense that makes, But the last time I went to the doc and he checked my levels everything was normal. And I was stop with B12. He thinks that I was not absorbing the B12 because of the bad stomach problems, but, I am watching things and getting my levels tested every 6 months to make sure. I don’t know about celiac, sorry.