I am 35 weeks pregnant with my 4th child and have been having contractions since Sunday-- today is Tuesday. They are not regular and don't usually hurt but I am also having some bright pink spotting/discharge with it. It does not look like the mucus plug, or at least not what it looked like with my other 3 pregnancies. This is the color of liquid Amoxicillan, and only occurs once in a while.  Usually I go in to the bathroom and there's some on my underwear, but nothing when I wipe. Earlier today I had some pink on my underwear and some brownish discharge on the toilet paper. I haven't called my midwife out of fear of looking stupid... this is my FOURTH child and I feel like I should be more confident about what is going on. Baby is very active so I'm not worried that something is "wrong" per se, more concerned about pre-term labor.... Any thoughts are appreciated :)

Hi, my thoughts are for you to call her anyways. When I were pregnant, any little thing that I thought was wrong or weird. I would call (and for me it were just calling the labor and delivery number) you have a midwife you can talk to. So call her :) it wouldn't hurt. And don't think negative. You have delivered 3 already, your a champ.  Good luck!