Hi. I am 8 months pregnant. Soon the big day will come. It`s time for labor approaching! How will I know if the labor is approaching? What are the early signs of labor? I fear I will not be able to recognize labor symptoms.

Hi. Don`t worry, you will recognize labor symptoms, every woman does. When labor is approaching, you will first experience engagement. As a labor is approaching, the baby`s head will descend lower into your pelvis. This is also known as dropping. Engagement can happen from two to four weeks before labor. This is an early symptom of labor. When you experience dropping, it means the process has begun. The next sign is pelvic pressure. It`s a minor discomfort, really. Then you will notice vaginal discharge. You may also experience nesting, an emotional early sign of labor. It`s a maternal instinct. Other early signs include Braxton hicks contractions, shivering and diarrhea. The three major symptoms that you are going into labor are mucus plug, water breaking and regular contractions.

i went to all the classes and i was a first time mom at 19. i was scared and felt alone. i was told the contractions feel like strong menstrual cramps and that they begin 15 to 30 minutes apart. hunny i am telling you dont go by the book cuz i guarantee that baby isnt reading the book or even paying attention to what is going on around him or her. i was scheduled to be induced on july 22, 2005. i went into labor july 21, 2005. my contractions came hard and fast. they were 2 minutes apart. i live about 30 minutes from the hospital. well i had about 30 contractions. i was admitted at about 1030 pm and my beautiful little girl was born at 736 in the morning. i definately advise getting the epidural. it was the best thing i did. my baby came out perfectly healthy and is now a happy healthy 18 month old who loves to play and learn. good luck with your labor and remember that every pregnancy and labor is different. enjoy your new little angel and welcome to mother hood. its the most wonderful job in the world