Thank you Aus for the compliments regarding a summarized advices :)

I intended to focus on a short and sweet recap of what others said because other withdrawing "newbies" would be too sick and frustrated to browse through pages+ of information. I luckily landed on this forum using the search term, "how to reduce Effexor withdrawal symptoms". Perhaps I should also type " how to reduce effexor " , " how to reduce effexor brain zaps " , " vitamins for effexor side effects " .. just in case .. so that search engines can help bring this forum first. Hopefully those who need it will find it, and those who are considering to take effexor and want to read on " effexor xr side effects " can see what really happens when they try to stop!

Despite feeling semi-miserable today, I'm quite soothed at the thought of multiple communities holding together to support one another on the withdrawals. It's rather interesting that alot of the posts are from people who are on their 1st week of 0 effexor. Those who are in their 2nd - 6th week fade and don't post as often. I wonder what happened? Did they wake up one day and had absolutely no withdrawal symptoms and essentially forgotten about effexor and their 'recovery' story?? that would be great! but should be shared too. OR... were those in between 2nd and 6th week found no effexor too overbearing and ended up 'relapsing' back? or perhaps some were almost at the finish line and suddenly felt the need to go back on wet finger tapering? (actually, what IS wet finger tapering? I haven't had the patience to read about that.)

Anyway... so I, Carmen, is now......
day 6 no effexor, vitamins 3rd day

Similar to you, Aus, I can't tell anymore if the vitamins are working, I'm getting used to the withdrawals, or the vitamins act as a placebo. So today I increased the vitamins because the symptoms seem to be more problematic today than yesterday. Late last night and today there had been more consecutive brain jolts, longer duration of vertigo/nausea. Sigh.. :cry:

So instead of:
1 multivitamin
1.5 vitamin b
3 flax oil

today's increase:
1 multi vitamin
2.5 vitamin b (1 at breakfast, half at lunch, half after lunch, half at dinner)
4 flax oil (breakfast, lunch, between lunch/dinner, dinner)

Hi Carmen! Thanks for posting on this because I think that it's helpful for people to see. I think that the taper off is definitely out of necessity. Most people post here when things aren't going so well, not when things are doing fine. Hopefully you'll stick around and let us know how it goes through the whole process so people can benefit from your experiences. Let me know how it goes, okay?

Here is a summary/recap of my coping with zero Effexor, replacing with vitamin supplements.

2nd day vitamins (5th day no effexor)
**overall feeling: D
1 multivitamin
2.5 vitamin b
3 flax oil with omegas
1/2 dramamine non drowsy

3rd day vitamins (6th day no effexor)
**overall feeling: D
1 multi vitamin

4th day vitamins (7th day no effexor)
**overall feeling: C
1 multi vitamin
2 non-drowsy dramamine (taken 1/2 each time)
2 b vitamins
3 flax oil
not as much powerade.. forgetting it's there

5th day vitamins (8th day no effexor)
**overall feeling: C
1 multi vitamin
2.5 non drowsy dramamine
2 vitamin b12
2 flax oil
powerade

6th day vitamins (9th day no effexor)
**overall feeling: b
1 flax oil
2 vitamin b12
2.25 dramamine non drowsy
1 multi vitamin
powerade
coffee/caffine

Hi Carmen, thanks for the breakdown. That's a pretty big list of things to take but the feeling grade of B is pretty great to see! HOw are you feeling now? How's it going since you last posted?

Hey Carmen, if you are still around, I would like to hear how you are doing if you're around! I want to try to help my friend out and if you have any insight, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!!

I was referred from one lawyer to another today. three zero five two zero zero five two eight one. Name: Tom Cqlmo in Coral Gagles FL. I live in fL.Just because the withdrawal syndrome has stopped, don't give up. I don't want ANYONE ELSE to go through this!!!