I need some weight loss program immediately. I do not want to fool around with stupid and unhealthy diets any more. That is why I asked about professional advices and found something interesting. I found out tat The Scarsdale Diet has been developed by Dr. Herman Tarnower. Somehow, I believe it must be good, so want to hear more about it.

Scarsdale Diet promises an unreasonable one-pound-per-day weight loss. This is happening while you limit your food intake to specified amounts of fruits, vegetables and mostly lean sources of protein. It encourages the use of artificial sweeteners and herbal appetite suppressants to speed up your weight loss. There is no calorie counting, but your meals should be limited to breakfast, lunch and dinner, while snacking is not allowed. A strict meal plan must be followed exactly, which is low in carbohydrates. The diet is high in protein, low in carbohydrates and moderate in fat, which must help you achieve your goal. You can be on this diet from seven to fourteen days, and you should notice difference in your appearance during this time. Although the Scarsdale diet was one of the first low carbohydrates diets, it has lost popularity to other low carbohydrates programs such as the Atkins Diet. The point is that rigid eating program must be followed exactly, whereby the plan lasts for seven to 14 days. Thereafter people then have difficulties finding eating plan where they will not put the weight back on, but I guess we all know this might happen.

You should give people the right information. I have the ORIGINAL BOOK by Dr. Tanower. Unless I read wrong, he never spoke about taking herbs and that sort of thing.

Aida

Also, snacking is allowed on the Scarsdale Diet - raw carrots & celery can be eaten between meals.

I loved this diet, though I never heard of any herbs either. I lost 9.5 pounds in 19 days and was REALLY happy with it. I made a point to walk 25 minutes just about every morning and it was great. I didn't lose any weight the first 2 days, but on the third day I dropped from 155.5 to 152.0. The great thing about this diet is how it changes your appetite. I'm not sure how, but I just didn't want to eat as much and the weight has stayed off of me for the last year and a half. I started it again this week and have lost 2.5 lbs. I think it's an awesome diet.

Hi, is it ok to add some veges to the dinner like eggplants? thank you.

This is a great diet. I did not follow it exactly like it was written but I mostly ate what it specified by dividing my daily diet into five portions. For instance, if it said eat fruit salad for lunch and some meat for dinner, I ate part of the meat for lunch and part of it for dinner because it was difficult for me to stay only on fruit salad between lunch and dinner.

Over all, I lost 6 pounds the first two weeks. I just started my third week. Since I did not lose the promised 7 to 14 pounds the first two weeks, I am repeating the diet specified for week one. My goal is to lose at least a pound every three days. Therefore, I am on target and feeling good.

Here is my violation and addition to this diet.
1) Fresh vegetable soup for lunch and dinner every day. I add all kinds of vegetables except lettuce. This soup contains a quarter tbl spoon olive oil. I squeeze a full lemon into my bowl of soup.
2) A salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, green paper, carrots with one full lemon squeezed plus a quarter tbl spoon olive oil.

I have one of those nutritional calorie measuring devices. So, I make sure that my diet is not more than 1000 calories/day. I do this for for two days and on the third day, I eat about 1200 calories. This is necessary to fool your body into thinking that every thing is normal.