I'm a vegetarian trying to raise my metabolism and get flat abs. I'm a little underweight but my stomach still looks big. I usually walk at least an hour everyday, sometimes I do intervals, and the past week I've been doing tennis for an hour. I try to stay active and I eat really healthy. So why is my stomach so big?
Also, does anybody have any breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack ideas? Bloating is also a big problem for me, so please nothing that causes that easily.
Does anyone know foods that especially help reduce/prevent bloating and/or speed up metabolism?
I'd appreciate it if you guys told me what you think of what I'm eating. For breakfast I've been having either yogurt, special K with the berry things cereal with either skim milk or coconut water, or a banana with the cereal, or half a whole wheat english muffin with olive oil and cinnamon (Sometimes I like to add a little spicy spices) with almonds! This morning I had 1/4 of an english muffin with olive oil and cinnamon, 1/4 of an english muffin with organic peanut butter, blueberries, a few almonds, half of a chocolate protein shake, a few sips of chocolate coconut water. Are these healthy breakfasts that could boost my metabolism and not cause bloating? And are these good options for right before a workout?
For lunch I've been having vanilla yogurt with almonds and blueberries, or on the days that it is not my breakfast a whole wheat english muffin with olive oil and cinnamon.
I tried oatmeal but hated it.
For a snack when I got hungry I usually have fruit, vanilla yogurt, or some almonds. Actually usually I'd have two of those or even all three throughout the day.
For dinner I try to be healthy and I have fish a lot. On Tuesday I had miso soup and seaweed. Thursday I had tofu, rice (I'm not exactly sure what kind but it wasn't white...I think it was healthy), and some onions, squash, and zuchinni. I do find myself eating a lot of vegetables. Another thing I eat a lot for dinner are frozen vegetarian meals. I know, frozen meals are usually not the healthiest option, but they are my only choice sometimes. Are there any choices, peferably cheap, that you reccomend? Remember...I really want to boost my metabolism and get flat abs!
Another thing is I need calories. I just went through a very breif minor eating disorder phase. I only got 400-800 calories a day for a couple weeks. I was also exercising a ton. I am now aware of how unhealthy that was. My goal is 1200-1500 calories a day. I'm doing better now, but it's hard for me to get past 1000. Any ideas?
I'm only in middle school so I still have to live with my parents. My dad isn't supportive of my healthy vegetarian choice, so are there any meals I could quickly make at home? Cheap cheap cheap! My mom is supportive of my vegetarian choice, not so much my healthy choice. It is often hard to find healthy meals at my moms house, but I'm sure if I was creative I could make something! But I don't know what to use, so any suggestions?
I was taking a look in my kitchen, I found green beans and canned corn! Are these healthy side dishes and easy ways to get some calories?

Almonds are a good source of protein in which your diet is lacking. If you want to build muscle and boost your metabolism you have to up your workout to running, include proteins such as egg whites and peanuts, meet your calorie goal and you should see results. Try beans instead of the green beans and corn simply because you need protein.Good Luck I hope this is useful advise.