hey please can you help me??/
i have a school project for Home Economics on Anorexia..
can you help me with a basic diet and meal plan for 3 meals for 1 day...
this is 

umm are u sure its for home economics? Not for your personal accord?
i dont think it matters what a person suffering from anorexia has to eat in one day. To me this sounds like you want to lose weight...

No I don't think it's fishy cause I'm a 30 year old that needs it as well...it's (especially the medical field) so they understand what diseases needs are and what diet to choose for them. If she was, would she really want a diet. No I doubt it.

I've suffered from anorexia and bulimia for four years.
I've been trying desperately to recover, but it's just so comfortable to slip back into my old ways.
I pretty much eat them same thing ever day..
half an apple for breakfast.
black coffee and water throughout the day if I have time.
10 raw baby carrots for lunch
15 cherry tomatoes and/or 1/4c raw cabbage for dinner
[depending if I'm busy or not. If I'm out, I won't have time for dinner]
unsweetened dieters tea before bed.

I've been doing this lately because I'm really trying to work on eating regularly. Usually I'll just be busy all day, have some apple in the morning, and won't eat at all the rest of the day.

also - I do about 1-2hrs of exercise a day (I work at a gym)

hi i am lucy :-)
i am new to all of these chat things
but i wanted to know if i am anorixca i am suree im not but my best friends say i am :/
i am a size 8 and i eat a bowl of soup and a slice of toast per day i think this is too much to be anoricxa but i alway feel very guilty aget eating please couls some1 get back to me ty x

Well if ONE has not yet been properly diagnosed then they made need too ask. I'm sure at 11 you probably don't remember having to be told that you have an eating disorder. I'v suffered with the illness for a few year and although reached a low weight never ate that little. It's a control issue, the weight is just a side affect. And if your friends think you have a problem, do some reading and question your own eating habits and decide for yourself. Don't listen too anybody online too tell you if your healthy mentally or physically, but from the amount you are eating it sounds like you may need some help. Good Luck.

SIZE DOES NOT MATTER. eating less than 1200 calories is called starvation, wether you are a size 8 or a size 0. i wish i could prevent anyone from going down that path to hell. I'm 22 years old, and have been living with anorexia nervosa, and bulimia since I was 13. I've been hospitalized 4 times, and its been aboslute hell. Having the disorder for so long and not getting treatment until I was 17 was the worst decision of my life. Cuz now, I stand 5 foot 2... 3 inches shorter than I once was. 2 of my vertabrae have deterriorated, and I have an acute heart problem. Scoliosis limits my activities every day and my eating disorder will haunt me for the rest of my life. Is that what someone actually wants? because of my poor eating habits, and addiction, I now have to live with the fact that me and my husband can never have kids (i am sterile) and I will die well before he is old. Eating Disorders are a curse. They rob you from your health first, then your strength, your mind then finally life.

Well I think I have anorexia; I eat one meal a day, for example one small bowl of cereal.
However I drink Mt.Dew every single day all through out the day. (Not Diet)
I'm overly concerned about my weight and I am always extremely stressed out about it.
Some days like now I feel extremely hungry; but cant let myself eat .. like I have tried and it just makes me feel like c**p.
I work at a restaurant and my Mom wanted to go to dinner there all I ordered was an appetizer (spinach dip) and that was my meal of the day. But I don't feel guilty drinking pop all day which accumulates TONS of calories .. What do you guys think?

Hey,
My cousin has suffered from bullima and anorexia for about 6 years now. Shes been hospitalised, from what I can remember, 3 times. It may be more but I was too young to remember. I wish I could sosomething to help her, I'm so worried about her. My mum said the doctors don't think she will reach the age of 24. Shes 23 now.

I have put on a lot of weight over the past 4 months, Im desperate to loose weight. After seeing my cousin suffer from eating disorders I do not want to take up the diet of one myself. And Im worried if I start eating less, but enough to still be healthy and active, just a healthy diet, then I'll become obsesed with my weight. Which I do not want to. Although I doubt I will because Im so weak, i try eating healthy but if im hungry ill go buy junk to eat..

I use to be a healthy 8/10 and now i am a 12/14.. Which is healthy, although I dont feel comftable, I want to be back down to a healthy 10, I want to achieve this fast but as healthy as possible so i dont neglect my body.. I was just wondering if this is enough to help me loose weight but still be healthy and nourishing for my body...

Sunday i ate;
Lunch - chicken and bacon pasta salad
Dinner - gammon salad

Monday i ate;
Breakfast - apple
Lunch - quiche and potato salad
Dinner - beef, peas, carrots and sweed
Snack - banana

So far today iv eaten;
breakfast - bran flakes and banana
lunch - salad and then grapes

hey ive been trying this diet for a few days....

breakfast - 1 nutrigrain bar && vitamins
water
lunch - 1 nutrigrain bar
water
come home from school - 1 nutrigrain bar
water

TOTAL - 390! yess(:

then for dinner, whatever my mom makes me have...which is usually something pretty healthy.

I used to suffer from anorexia, I'm finally healthy...at least healthier than I was. I still have a terrible fear of getting fat, particularly because I was a size 0 and now I'm a 4-6...depending. I decided I had to change when my daughter, who is four, asked me if she is fat. If that isn't enough to make you change your ways I don't know what is. Anyway, I currently run a total of 3 miles in the morning, and another 2-3 in the afternoons, monday thru friday with a 10 pound back pack on. Saturday's I do a straight 4-11 mile run depending on my time. My diet is as follows:

Breakfast - 1 slice Ezekiel Bread with peanut butter, 1/2 cup milk whole

Snack - Think Think bar (delcious and all natural)

Lunch - 1/2 chicken breast, a green vegetable, string cheese

Snack - Protien shake with 1 container yogurt mixed in

Snack - 27 almonds

Dinner - Broccoli

I will usually have a glass of wine in the evenings. When you're planning on recovering from anorexia, I have found the only way for me to not relapse is to completely divulge into something new that I can control. For instance, I train for marathons. I try and eat foods that are fuel rather than fat. While for the most part I eat the same thing everyday, now I focus on making sure my body gets what it needs for my long doses of exercise. I get to obsess over something healthy. While I used to be 5'5 at 98 lbs, and I am now 135 (which is the scariest thing in the world to me and I want to cry about it right now), I know that I am getting bigger with muscle and nourisment, and my daughter sees it too and hopefully wont have a fear of being fat like I do. I have to say...I miss it though. I do miss stepping on the scale and watching it go down rather than up every morning.

While I was practicing anorexia, if this is what you wanted to know, my daily diet would look something like:

Morning - coffee black, 1 pkt splenda

Lunch - 1/4 cucumber, sliced to snack. (I only ate lunch on weekends - no food at the office was a rule of mine)

After work - 2-3 slices of turkey prior to my work out (counting calories was a must, then I would stay on the eliptical until I burned twice as much as I consumed, just in case I lost my will power later that night)

Dinner / Desert - I'd take whatever I made for my daughter and divide how much I gave my daughter and cut it into 4ths and eat 1/4, 10 baby carrots and a peppermint paddy (guilty pleasure)

After 6 the kitchen was closed. When my blood sugar was low I would usually eat a slice of cheese, or just take a nap after drinking a ton of water.

Hope this helps. While being thin is the best feeling ever, its no way to live. I wish I could tell everyone all the issues I have with my body now, and all the medical problems but I think it would bore y'all. Anyway, good luck.

I'm anorexic and I eat about 1 meal a day (If I can get away with it)

i was diagnosed with anorexia and i finally am recovering from it by force it hate gaining weight i weigh a lot to my mind anyway i weigh 76 pounds and what usually eat in a day is for breakfeast i eat and apple and 2 8 oz. cups of water at 7:30 am and at 12:30 am for lunch i eat a piece of bread and two to three baby carrots plain and another 2 8oz cups of water 6:00pm for dinner i eat 4tbs. of potatoes fat free used with skim milk and 2 8oz cups of water and dessert once ever two weeks only on saturday at 9:45 pm i eat 2 saltine crackers and 1 8oz glass of water. then i continue the next day with the same size proportion total calories are approx.900 calories which is a lot.

I am 22 years old and have suffered SEVERAL years with an eating disorder. I am only now getting to the point where I realize that although I am TERRIFIED of gaining weight... my health is FAR more precious than my weight!! In fact I stumbled across this thread by googling "post anorexia diet". Through the help of God, many prayers, and my never ceasing faith I claim complete healing... although it is always a thought in the back of my mind... I am "more than a conquer through Christ". I am recovered however now my only dilemma is trying to discover what exactly is healthy for me to eat, I do not want to go from one extreme to the other (from under to over weight). I agree with the previous person who posted that it is a control thing. It is without question a control issue... that so innocently begins with a person trying to have control over the food of which they consume, thereby controlling their weight. However, the sad part is... in no time at all (at without NO warning) the food (or lack thereof) begins to control them. I have experienced this first hand I for one feel so emotionally weak when I talk about it (therefore I choose not to discuss it with anyone whom I know personally). I feel like an utter failure to even hear the words come from my lips. My advice for anyone suffering from this is to seek the living, sovereign God in heaven... He is the life, the truth, and the way... there is NO ONE too far gone for His grace to cover. Remember, our bodies are the temple of Christ. He suffered and DIED for each and every one of us so that we CAN walk in is healing. Claim and receive that healing power into your physical body and spiritual/emotional mind right now. My prayers are with any and every one experiencing this TERRIBLE DISEASE (and make no mistake, it is a disease... it is not a choice)... my prayers are also with the families of those afflicted. Sometimes I feel as if they may even suffer just as bad if no worse than we. Although, we are in a sense debilitated and helpless from this disorder... they have to sit idly by and watch us destroy ourselves... all the while no being able to comprehend how or why this is occurring. Take care and God bless!

If you want to lose weight, the healthy way to do it is by eating at least 1200 calories a day. You can go to a number of websites to calculate your recommended calories per day. A healthy diet includes a large variety of colorful fruits and vegetables. Also, to keep your metabolism elevated you need to eat every 3 to 4 hours and you need to eat 80% of your recommended calories by 2 or 3pm.

I hope if anyone is thinking of starving themselves, please think twice.