I've had this problem for 2 weeks now. it started with dry and chapped lips. withing a day it started to peel and darken around the lip corners. weirdly the skin on the corners and just underneath the lower lip became noticebly rough with miniscule bumpiness. it was red and rash line, not very itchy, just burning. I've never had this before, so i self-diagnosed it as may be virus? used abreva- 2 days- no effect. things looked worse. lips were like rough coconut bark! went to the doc. she gave me anti fungal cream- 2 days of it,no improvement.  now the skin over the lips dried and peels away revealy pinky tight lips, with no capacity to retain moisture. no blisters at all, just fissures, like tiny cuts along the lip line and corners. lips were still swollen, red, and now starting another cycle of peel! I tried to treat it with a wholesome approach... body heat may have increased (ayurveda-mom's advise)? I have been popping B vitamins (multi vits) I'd been moisturising with pure coconut oil. they seemed to help with the redness and swelling. I changed my diet to take in more water and no meat. so lots of celery, cucumber, watermelon snacks. lentils, quinoa and barley for lunch and dinner with vegetables. body heat was noticebly reduced. lips looked much better how ever, that area around the mouth was still rough and they were still redness over the lip line. right along the upper and lower liplines that just woundn't go.

its now 10 days in, the coconut oil on my face made the symptoms recede, red rough patches were turning dark and less bumpy, but were not gone completely. the rest of my skin feels great cause of the coconut oil, but i digress. So another trip to the doc. this time, she prescribed flagyl gel and doxycilin antibiotic oral tabs. I had no choice. 3 days on antibiotics. its horrible. I can feel it sapping my energy. my diet is back, carbs are on! with a lot of buttermilk and yogurt through the day.  as for the gel: I delayed using the gel till last night, in the hope that the antibiotics will do the job. but i did apply it before bed last night. perhaps i smeared on a little much, it ended erupting all over my lips. they suddenly swelled up, the and small bumpy patches flared up as well, by midnight my lips were burning up! i woke up, washed it off, applied some coconut oil, and tried to sleep. i guess it calmed it and i was able to sleep. this morning the lips are still red and look worse than they did before the gel. perhaps i had a allergic intolerance to the gel. or it was too much that i applied. I am not sure if i should do it again?

has any one out there dealt with this? these 2 weeks have been such a trial for me. it horrible to goto work looking like i do. i am trying to be strong and take it easy...  will it pass? I read too much online about living with it for months. I am mortified. I am reaching out for support! i do live in dallas, we've had some crazy weather. 40 one day and 80 the next! dry and windy! I hope it gets a little stable soon.

its sounds its diet related so stop any milk and dairy and food dairy is mix in,also make sure to get vitamin -c-if its scurvy but it sounds like a milk allergy

Sounds like peri-oral dermatitis. Tetracycline 2-3months & protopic cream to manage flare ups.....