Hi everyone

A year ago I was on alkaline diet; a friend of mine recommended it to me. Because of the New Year I have some “holiday weight” (still) so I am thinking to start with alkaline diet again. Maybe it will help me to lose some pounds like the last year when I lost 30 pounds for 3 months. I must admit that I don’t really remember exactly what should I eat or avoid so I thought that someone here can help me out.

If you have any experience with this diet and you have some recipes which are not hard to prepare, please share. Thanks in advance.

Hi Mellisa8

I have one recipe that you will love for sure. It is very easy to prepare so you won’t have any problems. This is an amazing shake. Shakes are easy and yummy way to consume lots of vitamins.  You just need a blender and these ingredients:

-1 pilled lime

-1 cup of cabbage

-1 cup of fresh spinach

-1 avocado

-ice cubes

- One half of cucumber (medium one)

Put all ingredients (except ice cubes) into the blender and mix until smooth. Pour in a glass, add ice cubes and water as desired. Drink and enjoy this healthy alkaline drink. ;)

Hello girls

I have another shake recipe for your alkaline diet Mellisa8. I agree with you TinkerBell23. I love shakes, they are so simple to prepare but also so healthy. I prefer cold ones with lots of ice cubes, especially in the summer.

For this shake you will need: 2cups of fresh spinach, 2 celery stalks, 1 lemon, 1 avocado, 1 cucumber, 1/2 cup of fresh parsley and 16 ice cubes. Just put all of these in a blender and mix for about 2 minutes. This shake is so healthy and powerful, it gives you energy for the whole day! You can prepare it after breakfast, lunch, or even dinner, basically anytime you need a power snack.

Hello all

I also have one delicious recipe to share. It is a pudding. Ingredients needed:

-1 cup of fresh almond milk

-2 medium avocados

-juice of 1 lime

-2 spoons of some soy powder

-1 little package of stevia

- 6 to 10 ice cubes

Just put all of these ingredients in a blender and mix until the pudding is smooth and pudding like. :)

This is a great way to have a delicious snack while staying alkaline. You can enjoy this wonderful pudding for breakfast or as a dessert. It is high in good fats, vitamin E, Calcium, and Potassium with the almond milk and avocado, and high in good proteins from the Soy Powder.

I have another recipe. This time I recommend you to make refreshing garden salad, ideal to serve with main dish or as a snack between meals. You will need one red onion, one small cucumber (diced), two carrots (shredded), two tomatoes (chopped), one head romaine lettuce, one green bell pepper and also one red bell pepper (diced). Put all the vegetables in a salad bowl and mix together. Pour the oil over the salad and add some sea salt if required.

Remember to always use fresh vegetables and some quality cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. Also, don’t use vinegar but lemon or lime squeezed juice instead.

I remembered another one, Grilled veggies.  I really love this dish so I wanted to share it with everyone.

Ingredients needed:

2 cloves of garlic

1 big onion

4 carrots

1 yellow bell pepper

1 red bell pepper

1 big zucchini

1 big eggplant

1 green bell pepper

3 tablespoons of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil

fresh herbs like oregano, thyme, basil

sea salt

Dice eggplant, zucchini and bell peppers to bite size pieces. Place all of that in a bowl, add olive oil and mix well. Now place the veggies onto baking tray and season with sea salt and fresh herbs. Put that in a preheated oven and grill 25 minutes on 180 degrees.

Enjoy!

hello

I also have great alkaline recipe, it is called Italian salad. Here are the ingredients that you need:

2 cups of roman lettuce, 1 small stalk of leek, 1 red bell pepper, 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, some fresh basil leaves. This salad requires the dressing and for the dressing you’ll need:

1 dash of fresh pepper, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic, 1/2 teaspoon of ground oregano, 1 dash of sea salt, 2 tablespoon of fresh lemon or lime juice, 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil and 2 tablespoon of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil. Just blend all of these ingredients in a food processor.

Put all the ingredients in a big bowl and pour with the dressing.