Hi

My period was 4 days late so on the 3rd day I took a test and it gave me a positive result. I was quite shocked as I am on the Evra Contraceptive Patch and I always use physical contraception as well. The day after I took the test my period arrived but it was quite different. It seemed to constantly stop and start and was slightly heavier than usual with a lot of dark brown blood. I took a test a few days after my period and and it says negative???

Is it possible im pregnant??

and if not, was i pregnant?

any help would really be appreciated

home pregnancy test are not always accurate. it's possible that you got a false positive result. if you had a miscarriage, you would probley would still have positive pregnancy test. i still had a positive pregnancy test a month after my miscarriage. but i don't know if that is how it is for all. you can see your gynocologist to confirm that you are or not pregnant for sure.

Many pregnancies end in miscarriage, but it is usually unknown to the mother that she is pregnant. You may have taken a test that detected a very light amount of HCG the first time and one that detected a greater amount the second time. Although there is always the possibility of a false pregnancy test and many instances of women "menstruating" throughout their first trimester. The best advice I have is for you to consult your OBGYN.