i took a home pregnancy test and it came back positive then i had a blood test and it came back negative, can i be pregnant or I am I not pregnant.

The blood test is usually the more accurate of the tests. The HcG released would go into your blood first.

It is possible to have a false positive. Did you follow the directions exactly?

Another possibility is that you were pregnant.

Did you discuss this with your physician?

Hi I did follow the directions i peed in a cup and then dipped in the stick for 5 seconds, I did discuss it with my health care person she is no help. I took a pregnancy test two weeks ago and that one came back negative then yesterday it came back positive, a littlle stange to me, and I wasn't pregnant before what did you mean that you were pregnant i wasn't pregnant before was that what you meant.

Thanks please reply

Just to be sure I follow what you're saying:

1. You took a home test yesterday and it came back positive.
2. You then had the blood test later in the day and it was negative?

I'd generally rely upon the blood test.

If there had been a period of time between the HPT and the blood test then it would have been possible that you were pregnant and then, for some reason there was an early miscarriage, and that you were no longer pregnant. It can happen.

How late are you? I would repeat the HPT.