ok, here's the thing...

I'm 16. Ever since i was about 12 i've felt a strange emptiness and sadness, and almost every day i feel i can't be bothered with life and i feel so apathetic. I have thought 'maybe you're depressed' but that word is so over-used these days that i'm not sure what to think. I have all the signs and i've researched it well. The only thing i can't find out is if it is possible for me to have councelling without my parents' permission, as i asked them before and they called me stupid, then got angry.

So answer me please - can i get help (or at least prozac for goodness sake) without my parent's permission?

1. Take yourself out of depression (follow things that give you joy)
2. Talk to a school counselor
3. Talk to your doctor during your next physical, they have to keep it confidential if u ask them, same with the school counselor
4. Talk to a CLOSE/TRUSTED friend about all of it (sharing your thoughts and feelings helps a lot more then you think)

do NOT talk to your school counselor, whatever you do, DO NOT talk to them. for 1 they might put something in your school record as 'crazy' or something, for 2, they are DEFINITELY going to tell your parents EVERYThing

OR MAYBE!!....become emo and listen to emo music... sounds like it would suit you...

and masterbate a lot! that helps loadz xD

and im pretty sure there is no help.. (apart from childline or sumthin) without your parents permission..especially not drugs.. it isnt a bad idea.

and wats so bad about ur parents knowing?.. if they dont listen just roar into theyr faces and smash a heap of stuff..(lol, theyl definetely get u mental help then)

listen to music that you feel in you.. one that describes you... i reccomend linkin park.. because they are so cool.. but they have songs about depression and things that can cause depression.. but they totally DESTROY it altogether.. like that song "Crawling".. its the greatest..

but u do seem really emo tho..... xD

wow ignore all the idiotts, if you are having that big of a problem emotianally you need to seek help somewhere try asking any relatives besides your parents for help, or even friends, but if that does not work there are places made especially for teens with issues where everything is private I am not sure where you live but is there a planned parent hood around. They will help you and not tell your parents it might cost a little money but not much just skip a few days lunch or ask a friend for a lone. This is very important. If you do not find a planned parent hood you can try any medical office just call and ask the receptionists how you can pay in cash and not have your parents find out for the most part they are willing to help out and if one turns you down try another and another and so on there are people out there who do care. I will pray for you. GOOD LUCK!

Dear me... talk about poor help from certain people. 8-|

The problem is, until your you classified as an 'adult' your legal guardians (aka parents in this case) will still have to know because your their responsibility. Once your an adult, then you are free to go your own way without needed input from them. However, saying that, it is *possible* to keep counselling secret. All depends how you go about it. It would be a good idea to confide in people you trust about your feelings and such.

Hope that helps.