Hi, it is so annoying having strict parents, isn’t it? I don’t know how to get what I want and avoid fighting with them at the same time. If you have experience with strict parents, give me some tips please.

Hi, I can’t imagine that any parents are stricter than mine. I am 24 years old now and I don’t have any more problems with them, but I remember how hard it was to get this freedom. Not only that they were strict, but they also didn’t want to let me grow up. They chased away all my boyfriends and didn’t let me have a normal puberty. They thought that they were protecting me from getting hurt, but all they did was stopping me from socializing and growing up. It’s true that I never had contact with cigars, alcohol or drugs thanks to my parents, but who says that I would do all those things if they were not so strict. When I become a parent one day, I will try to find the middle and to be smart. I recommend you to keep trying talking to them and explaining things from your angle.

Im 15 and i have same problem i think all parents are same way and i have friends who parents give the son more permission to do things then the daughter why is that ? and I always argue with them and it seems liek they provock me so then they have an excuss for me not getting what i want.

well my mom is strict, she never lets me on the computer or the phone or hang out its annoying i'm 16 and she doesn't want me dating sadly i do everything behide her or i find loop-holes, well it sucks that my mom is strict for the reason that i don't talk to her or tell her my personal life cause when i have it made things worse for me so yea

i think it depends on the actual parent because im 15 my parents divorced wen i was 11,it was hard,but even then i was a pain in the arse,about year ago i started going with the wrong crowd got kicked outa skl,doing serious drugs having sex wid sum boiz mum :$ and i lost my way,my dad didnt know wat to do i wud leave on friday and cum back maybe tuesday wen i was 14,to get away from all of that and start fresh i've moved to my mums,and i do understand why gals av 2 be in earlier because guys can maybe defend them sleves beta lyk im 6'3 wat person wud try and grab me from behind but maybe a 5'2 gal wud u know wat i mean i duno

be happy for it, i used to do everything on my own, my mom was an alcoholic, so i did whatever i wanted, believe me it isnt a good path.. stealing , sex, drugs.. i was 14.. i was drunk and high.. i WAS DRIVING a friends car alone.. at night, almost crashing it.. ur parents are directing you for a reason, just have a mature convo with them, cuz my dad used to take away my computer like 2-3 times a week, (its my life >_>) and i talked to him, asked him what he wanted from me, gave him them, now i havent gotten my comp taken away in a while and he lets me to 2-3times the stuff i used to.. show them your mature.

Hi, I´m a 13 jears old girl from Gemany, and i don´t know, if our situations are so difficult because i´m younger than you or because i´m a German. My mum and my dad are both very ok! My dad is often very funny and i like most he likes, too. My mum´s only 32, and when she´s not asking, if there´s a boy I love ore something like this, she´s also a lovely and nice person. We often do "Word games", like changeing letters of a word ore mixing German and English.
I think, you should say your parents what you didn´t like, so much luck for that!

Parents arent strict for the sake of it, its for your own good. I am glad I had strict parents, I'd rather that than have become a reckless teenager, taking drugs and having unprotected sex and god knows what else.

Kids who grow up with parents who are too lenient often face a big shock when they leave home because they are used to getting what they want. their strict nature will benefit you in the long run!

My parents where very strict up untill i started year 10. Ill explain the whole thing. Halfway through year 9 (Age 14) My mum was checking out hre mible on the web and when she checked up our dads mobile she found out that he was speakign to someone and texting them, we all got worked up and my mum then confronted my dad onyl to find out he had been having an affair, he said it had only been goign on for a few weeks but we where all angry me my mum and my two brothers 12 and 9. My dad went away for a day and thoguth abotu what he had done he then said he was commign back and he relised he had made a mistake. So we carried on life as normaly but i noticed my dad seemed to carrie around his mibleall of the time. I didnt want to start the whole thing over so i left it a few months and finaly told my mum about how he was on it whiel she was at work. So i checked up the website again and found out that he had been texting and phoneing the same person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So my mum had ago at my dad again and we all got upset by this time it was the summer holiday about 1 day before school started again and my dad said he loved this person more than life bla bla bla my midn kinda blanked the rest. Well its been another 6 months since then and i have earned alot of trust with my mum with chats and surport and i can do alot more things now what i coudent before bcause my mum trusts me XD

So secret to gaining ur parents trust just help themthrough the rough times and make sure they are ok.

Parents are ment to help and surport the kid but sometiimes the parent needs the suport too.

I might have the same sort of problem as you...the biggest worry is like me, having divorced parents, living exactly 50% of the time with each and ones an uptight strict snob and the other is never really around and lets me do whatever I want. its not real good because it makes for a very VERY insecure homelife and its actually really bad for growing children (its been like this since I was 4) but I have got to admit, my dad strict as is very very annoying , I have had one friend stay over my house at dads in over 3 years...once. also my mum trusts me and thinks I have the right kind of morals (which is right ...go me ><) so she lets me go to my friends parties when theyre drinking and the like because she knows I wont. If my dad ever heard of such a thing he would murder my mum lol... he doesnt even like me going over a friends house once a week for a 3 hour band practice (I sing in my band). so ya....parents suck and Im just letting you know your not alone even if its not the exact same situation.

in any case back to the question....make sure when you get really bad with your parents that you at least try and talk to one of them... sometimes you need to be the adult in the situation if your having a fight about curfews or boundaries or moral situations. try and find out what they Really think or want you to do instead of hearing the wrong thing in a screming match because 90% of the time people will say the wrong thing in a fight due to anger etc. and sometimes you need to lose the fight...I know it sucks and it hurts your pride but its the only thing thats come close to helping with my dad, if you lose sometimes then meybe they wont think you just an angry teenager who thinks theyre allways right.
well I hope I have helped a bit otherwise this was just a long rave about nothing lol GOOD LUCK!!

haha I just realised I have.....no idea how old you are...I mean for all I know you could be talking about how your mother dissaproves of your soon to be spouse or something...in any case Im 15 and if your around the same age then thats a plus to me because it would mean the last 15 mins a spent writing this wouldnt have been a waste lol

Hi :-D
my parents are nice to me, but sometimes they`re crazy, too! :-S
I never can go to city alone. Only sometimes I do it without permisson.
8-|
I must go early to bed.
Of course Idon`t sleep then. :-P
And of course I musn`t play long computer. :-( I must learn vor school!
:'(

I know what you mean my mom can also be to strick some times. And she never lettes me go out with a friebd on week ends

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to just put a couple of comments in here...I am a parent of two babies and one day they will be teenage girls. I love my girls more than anything in the world and I know that your parents feel exactly the same way, even if it doesn't feel that way.

Trust me when I say, you are going through a huge emotional change at your age. This is normal. The thing is, do you all really think your parents are so strict, or do you think that maybe you are changing and they are trying to protect you? I remember being 16 and thinking I knew everything about the world that there was to know. I thought I was much smarter and much more clever than my parents. I thought they knew nothing about being a teenager or about me. When I look back I realize now that every teenager feels that way. You see, you are growing and changing so fast right now and it is difficult to see the world beyond yourself.

Trust me again, you will get through this. Try not to hate your parents or blame them for loving you and wanting to protect you and control what you are doing, where you are going, with who, when and why. It is difficult to understand, but they know so much more about the world and what is in it - it's dangers - than you do. They don't do it to annoy you, they do it because it is their job to keep you safe and ultimately grow you into a functioning adult.

It is just a short time. A few years. You will see how different you feel in a few years! When you have your own children, especially, you will see how different you feel and how much you truly understand why they are the way they are.

Trust your parents. Trust me. Listen to your parents. Respect their decisions. Don't do drugs. Don't drink. Don't smoke. Don't kill yourself before you get to live....oh, and wait a few years before you even think about sex! Ah, I sound like someone's parents hmm?

Good luck and God bless you.

Currently I am 18, and my parents have only let me go out 3 TIMES in ma whole life. they have not let me go out with any of my friends. and they dont let me go 2 the movies, hangout, or anything of that sort. and i got A+ in college just to convince em that i am responsiable to go out.

Ive read most the posts, but in my situation, its ridiculous. my parents own a store, and i help them out 3 days a week, and i dont get paid anything for it. and my parents also are forcing me 2 get an arranged marriage........and ive read the comments regarding the females/males differences. btw, i am a male. so that does not apply with me.

any body have any suggestions? i cant run away, cuz ma father is a wealthy Indian Buisness man....... he can basically get anything done. and i fear that if i run away, something will happen. currently i have a good relationship with my parents, but i just want them to let me out.

any suggestions on how 2 convince them?

Im 17 right now and my mom bugs the heck out of me. its so annoying and hard ever since high school started shes been bugging and shes making life more difficult for me. I understand the whole they are here to help and support us but sometimes she takes it way to far. I really hope that this doesnt go on past 18 cause ill seriously stab myself...