I am one very messy and pretty crazy teen girl. I listen to "dark music, I am smoking cigars and occasionally I am smoking marijuana when I am out with my friends. I was not like this before, I was normal girl and I remember that I was listening to the Justin Bieber when I was in Junior High. But when I started to go to Senior high, everything has changed. I believe that this is because of the people in that school, they all are listening to heavy metal so I started to listen this kind of music as well. But I started to do something that is worse -I started to cut myself, and I like that silly feeling of the pain. I don't know what to do or how to stop it. I don't even try. Does that mean I am depressed?

Hey dear Guest. How old are you?

I can tell you that you are in the really huge problem and as I could understand, no one from your friends is not in that condition like you are. I could understand from your post that you are blaming your friends and school because you are cutting yourself. That is wrong because obviously you have some kind of the disorder. Is it depression or something else, I am not sure, especially because you told us that you feel good about it. Depression is related with some physical disorder and you are dealing with some physical disorder. Why do you cut yourself? Do you have any reason for it? 

I am 15 years old now....I can't say that I blame them, but without this school I would never become person like this one. I was always daddy's girl, I was good girl with good grades. Now I don't have any will to learn, I just want to go out with my friends and have fun. When I first started to cut myself, I felt pain...But some good pain. And I know that this is not normal because it is connected with my brain and my physical disorder but I don't know what to do. I think that my parents haven't noticed that and that is why I don't want to go to the doctor.

Why do you think that it might be depression? Do you have any reasons that you can share with us? How do you feel when you are spending time with your friends? Are you happy, do you think that you are accepted there and that they like you? What about your relation with your parents? Is everything good there? I know you are still young but did you maybe have a boyfriend who hurt you or something? Just tell us why do you think that this might be connected to depression and then we might be able to figure out what caused all of this.

I don't know if it means that you are suffering from depression, it might be the case, but you definitely have a problem which you should work on.

A lot of people who are dealing with emotional problems tend to hurt themselves in this way or another in order to get their mind distracted from the mental pain. I understand all of that but you need to focus on getting rid of that emotional pain because it is not real and you can overcome all of that. I am really hoping that you will overcome this since you are still just a little girl.

You need help, honey. I am sorry to tell you the same thing that everybody told you already, I know that you are not stupid, but you should really seek help in order to overcome what is bothering you. If you want, I can help you and give you some directions in case you want to talk to me. I am a former psychologist so I have already worked with girls like you who were cutting themselves because of different reasons, mostly family issues or love issues. So please, if you feel like talking to someone, you can talk to me, just tell me.

I had a girlfriend who was depressed and who used to cut herself. She was older than you though, a lot older, she was 25 back then, and she used to text me how she cut herself and she used to send me photos. I used to laugh at that because the cuts were so small that they were barely visible.

Well, we broke up eventually because I couldn't stand it anymore, and after I broke up with her, she started seeing a psychologist, she got better eventually (it took her a year or two) but she is okay now and she is even engaged to a good guy.

Hey there. I believe that you are cutting yourself because you are depressed, and that is the only reason. Now, you need to find the cause of your depression to see what you should do next. Also, I had one friend who was cutting himself occasionally, especially when his girlfriend abandoned him. I wanted to help him but I realized that I can't, that only doctor can do it. So he started to see a physician and he determined the cause of his depression. He still talks to his doctor but he is feeling much, much better now.