Hello this is Star*love, I had some blood work done the Beta 2 microglobulin. I get this done every 2 to 3 months. Anyway right now the beta is 2.55 should I be concerned. Its been rising little at a time for the past 6 months and with 10 lbs weight loss. I am a female BTW.
So should I be concerned, my Oncologist is not!
Thank You so much. :-)

Do you have chronic lymphocytic leukemia, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, and multiple myeloma or kidney disease?

If not, I would believe your doctor. The normal beta 2 microglobulin serum level is 2.7g/ml or less.

Your number seems ok.

TY for the information, is it different if I have Non Hodgkin Lymphoma?

I really was hoping you were some medical expert, but staying at the Holiday Express has me in a state of confusion, unless you attended a seminar about this topic. TY again, I really was hoping to know. I do have NHL and was concerned.

If you want medical advice for free, you arn't going to get it here or anywhere else. You can "Ask the Expert" here for a fee, or you can do the right thing and listen to your doctor!

What subtype of NHL do you have, indolent, aggressive, and highly aggressive?

The fact that your beta2 microglobulin is still within norms would seem to be a good sign, no?

Its Indolent, I am happy that its not too over the normal. I was curious. You have helped to put this to rest. Bye :-)