occasionally I experience a sudden onset of extreme fatigue and nausea. I have an overwhelming feeling that I need to lie down. It has nothing to do with going from sit to stand or movement in general. I can be driving down the road in my car or working when it happens. It's a miserable feeling. Is this something I need to be concerned about? I've tried eating when it starts and it doesn't help. Normally when it starts it will last until I can go to bed. If there is anything that can help or if you have any idea what can be causing this please respond.

It almost sounds like your blood sugar is dropping. Do you eat breakfast in the morning? Putting food in your stomach before you begin your day is a good idea, even if it's a few slices of toast or a bagel. To get your sugar, put some jam or jelly on it. Drink some orange juice in the morning as well. Keep yourself well hydrated.
When was the last time you had your blood pressure checked?