Iam a male about to be married this week and both me and my wife to be want to start our family shortly after we wed, however we are both taking herbal supplements to enhance conception now. Last Thursday, July 20th, she was having symptoms that seems like PMS, but, she was having stomach pain and feeling nausea like gas. I was also feeling weird. Her af is not due until July 30th, but she is usually late or having 34-39 day cycles almost every month, (sometimes she gets a reg 28 day cycle). Her last one came on July 3rd. I was disappointed, but relieved that it finally came. How do we tell the difference in PMS symptoms vs Pregnancy Symptoms? Because every month it seems she goes thru something new, I think we might be pregnant, but then her comes that period to confirm Iam wrong. She never associates these symptoms with the assumption she could possibly be pregnant. She has been off of the pill since Feb 22nd. We have had no luck so far. Then just a couple of days ago she had lower back pain, headache, weird cravings etc. She is also moody due to our upcoming nuptials, and she is scared she will get her period on our wedding night. Can anyone give me or us some advice. I want to conceive soon, but she has only been taking Fertilaid for about 10 days now.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I do know one thing, and that is that women should NEVER use herbal supplements when ttc. This is because a lot of them, even though they may say on the bottle that they are fine to use during pregnancy, even "good" for pregnancy, they are not regulated by the FDA and may actually be making false claims and could cause birth defects and even miscarriages is some cases. My advice to you, if you are ttc or pregnant already is to not take any herbal supplements until talking to a registered nutritionist. They can go through the ingredients in the supplement (if in fact what is written on the ingredient label is what's actually in there because that is not regulated either) and check in their big books and tell you exactly what is healthy and what isn't. But honestly, to be on the safe side, NEVER take anything without consulting with a doctor first, especially when ttc, not even prenatal vitamins unless they prescribe them. And, if you are going to take a prenatal vitamin, make sure it has a little USP label on it... This label means that it has been tested so that what is on the ingredient label is what is actually in the supplement.

I know this is a ridiculously old post... but I was lmao that you think your wife may be pregnant because you felt weird.

That got me too. Sounded like something my husband would say. lol
Too cute.

I need some help, guys. I've been freaking out and I think I've just gotten myself worked up for nothing.

I had sex with my partner on May 30, wearing a condom and he ejaculated outside. Something leaked out of me though that didn't feel like vaginal fluids, but at the time I just needed to see blood.

On June 5th, I got my period, same as always, hard and heavy for all seven days.

Around the 20-21 of June, I started feeling an intense pain in my breasts, abdominal cramping, oversleeping, loss of appetite, my nipples look redder, I can see some more veins on my body and it feels like there's pressure where I normally get menstrual cramps.

This isn't the first time, but the pain and tenderness feel different, as well as the pressure. I'm treating a UTI with antibiotics right now (since June 18th), and these symptoms started to occur a day or two after I started to take the antibiotic.

I went to the doctor's on the 16th and had a urine test. It came back negative.

I took four store bought tests, two yesterday on the 22nd and two today on the 23rd. All four came out a clear and blatant NEGATIVE. I expect my period between July 1-3rd (8-9 more days).

Should I be worried if I'm pregnant or is this all in my head?

"not even prenatal vitamins"--While I wholeheartedly agree you should not take any supplements (with the exception of folic acid!) without speaking to your doctor, you DO need to take a pre-natal vitamin BEFORE you get pregnant. This is because (this is what my PCP stated and every doctor will tell you), you need to take a pre-natal BEFORE you get pregnant. Folic acid is so VERY important! Don't wait to take it! I am ttc, and was also told by my PCP to make sure that your pre-natal has 1,000 mg of folic acid. She said that most OTC brands only have 400. Mine is OTC but has 800 and I figure the rest is made up by what I eat.

Anyway, so yes consult your doctor before you take any odd supplement, but folic acid and a prenatals are NOT odd, and you MUST take these not just when you get pregnant but BEFORE hand as well!

Best wishes as you ttc! :-D

I know it seems funny and one can't help but giggle BUT there are cases where the spouse/partner gets "sympathy pains." My friend tells the story that when her mother was pregnant with her, her FATHER got morning sickness! Sounds strange, but it does happen. :)

Herbs come from the earth and are less harmful than drugs that come from chemicals.
and there is something called intuition that can cause one to get a funny feeling

"Herbs come from the earth and are less harmful than drugs that come from chemicals."

...So do ricin, botulinum toxin, nightshade and hemlock. Natural or from-the-earth do not mean harmless.