hey everyone,
I have been tryin to get pregnant since october of 2009. I was on the depo for a year then the pill for 2 years. I am almost 19 and getting ready to finish college. My fiance and I have been together for 3 years and neither of us have any stds or any fertility or reproductive problems. I stopped takin the pill in the middle of october. I didnt get a period in october (which i didnt expect i would). but then i got a period on thanksgiving day. it was a little heavier and more painful than the others but it was about normal length (5 days). Then i didnt think i was goin to get my period in december but then it came the first week of jan. It was off and on. My period was normal for 2 days then i had unprotected sex and it stopped for a day. Then it came back again for a day but it was really light. Then I had unprotected sex again and it went away again for a day and a 1/2. Then it came back light again for a day and now it is gone completely. So I only had 2 days of regular period then 2 days of light period (with days of no period inbetween). My friend was told she got pregnant on her period. Her ovulation days were never on track and she must of ovulated on her period. Could i be pregnant? If not, how long is it going to take me to get pregnant? Please help :'(

Due to you not knowing your regular cycle it is very hard to say IF you became pregnant or not! I am thinking NOT! Because it is usually women who's periods are all over the place - that ovulate around the time of their period - keeping in mind an egg last 5 days! It ALL depends on when you ovulated! Also know the reason why your period was on then off is from PURE increase in hormones - due to the sex! I would suggest you getting a good track of your period - because this helps the doctors too when you do get pregnant! And then you can determine when is the best time to try! I always tell people to try every day - why take a chance on missing a day! I'm sure your fiancee would agree with me!!! ;-) XD Also take prenatal vitamins these have shown to help increase a womans fertility, and of course the development of the baby! Good luck and health!

I was going to take prenatals but I thought they would hurt me if i was not pregnant. I thought they would give me too much of a certain vitamin. I only think this cause i researched it on the internet. did you do this? are u sure it wont hurt? i am willing to try anything that wont hurt me or the baby. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. :-D

Actually if you talk to your doctor, I'm sure he/she will also advise this! There are MANY doctors that will tell you to start ingesting the prenatal vitamins - which contain higher amounts of Biotin, Folic Acid, and B Vitamins - these ALL have been proven to help with the spinal development of the baby! As most women don't find out they are pregnat till around 3 or 4 weeks - soon after the spinal column, brain and heart start to develop! So if you are already have these higher amounts in your blood sytstem - the better! Remembering that this is why there is 1 a day, as the minerals/vitamins disepate within 24 - 48 hours! Also think of it like this! IF prenatal vitamins were bad for you, why would they tell you to take them at your most vunerable point - when you are carrying a baby!? ALL vitamins and minerals CAN be deadly if taken in higher than recommended amounts! A PILL is a even percentage pill that covers ALL the bases!

Thank you.. your information was very helpful! I will take ur advice and start taking prenatals ASAP! Do you know how long it could take me to get pregnant? Since i got my normal period once and abnormal once then is my ovulation regular again? Also, could prenatals alter a pregnancy test?

Thank you for your post.. it was extremely helpful. I will take your advice and take the prenatals right away! Also, do you know how soon I could get pregnant? Also, I have had one normal period and one abnormal period since oct 09 so is my ovulation getting back to normal? Could prenatals alter a pregnancy test? I thought the prenatals made up for what the baby was taking away and what the baby needed. I thought it was too much vitamins for one person if ur not pregnant. sorry

No you just take that, not both a normal vitamin and a prenatal - it just gives you extra vitamins for the baby's development!

They can't change the outcome of a test - as this takes hormones! You can get pregnant at any any time, it just takes "ALL the planets to line up!" That's what I always say about conception! Thus me saying don't wait for one or 2 particular days, just make love as much as possible! So you don't miss one of those planets!!! ;-) The reason why I stated about waiting for your periods to regulate is more about the doctors giving you a better guesstimate of when the baby is due! IF you are ALL over the place and haven't had a regular period after coming off of birth control! It's just more of an indicator that's all! Don't be sorry by the way! That's what I'm here for honey, just ask away! :-D

thank you so much! im so glad you are willing to take the time to reply to my questions. You have helped me greatly. I completely agree that all the planets have to line up..ha ha ha. My fiance defiantly agrees that we should make love as often as possible. XD ha ha ha. I am hoping my planets line up soon! do u have any children? I was at CVS and they carry many types of prenatals. They have some that comes with two different pills instead of one giant pill. One is a medium size pink pill and the other is a small red pill. I am assuming that i take them together? Is there any pills that are better? Thank u for your time! :-)

Any prenatal with increased biotin and folic acid are best! IF you take the ones taht are smaller, this will help you when you become pregnant, as when you are pregnant and have nausea taking those bloody horse pills is impossible! 8-| o.O XD

I have 2 boys, 17 and 14, several god children! Everyone is different, just help out mother nature as much as possible - raising the buttocks etc! When ejaculate is in the vagina, the sperm have to swim through the vaginal secretions - that aren't semen friendly! THEN when they get through that, they have to go through the worst obstical - the cervix which is coated with a thick mucus and this is REALLY NOT semen friendly at all. Then whoever made it through the trip, they now have to make it to the tubes, THEN try to get through the thick membrane of the egg! THUS the term - 1 in a million!!! As there are usually about 1 million sperm in each output of ejaculate!!!! So whatever you can do to help these girls and boys get to the promised land the better!!! ;-)

I have been on pill for 1 year and 10 months. its been 6 months now that i stopped the pill and still no period. i have been having unprotected sex for 6 months as im trying for a baby but nothing happened. is it normal? coz im really worried!!

bambi27.. now i clearly understand how hard it actually is to have children! lol The sperm have a long way to go. Do you know of any tecniques that could help me and my fiance have a baby? Can he take any vitamins or do anything special? You seem like a very knowledgable and wise women. I am so happy i was lucky enough to discuss my dilema with you. Thank you for ur time! :-D

And you are WISE knowing that I AM wise!!! ;-) XD

Prenatal vitamins have been shown to not only help the development of the baby, BUT dramatically increase a womans fertility - it is from the increased Biotin and Folic Acid!

When you are making love, ALWAYS raise your buttocks - with several pillows underneath! And try to lay like that after! It is in your best interests to help out these guys as much as possible! I had one friend who stood on her head!!!! o.O IT WORKED!!! Also try to make love as much as possible! There are now studies that show the more sex you have the more heartier the sperm! Where as the opposite was always thought!

There is an Ethiopian old wives tale about a woman that want to get pregnant, to hold a new born baby and wish for the same! This has happened to MANY people! It can't be explained why! BUT I think it is the old "mind over matter", just like when you hear stories of women trying for years to have a baby, they stop trying adopt and WHAM they are pregnant! I'ts almost as though they STOPPED all the stress! I also think that when women who are healthy, and are stressing about their ovulation dates and when and when not to have sex etc, their stress hormones rise up SO much that it is detremintal to their fertility! So just relax and be "intimate" as much as possible WITH extra help! ;-) Good luck and health honey!

your also funny..lol :-D I have held other babies and even babysit a baby often but of course that doesnt work for me. Just my luck! lol My friend that is currently living with me is pregnant but she did it with no problem. She is lucky but in other ways she is in a sticky situation. Her boyfriend and her broke up and i hope she doesnt get back with him cause he is kinda violent and crazy. He faked a seizure to get her back. Of course it didnt work. I will try to keep my butt in the air.. :-D i am willing to try anything as long as it doesnt hurt me or the future baby. I am starting to give up hope! My fiance and I are still having fun with sex but it is always in the back of my mind. By the way, my nipples hurt really bad and my breast itch. Do u know what this is? I should start my period the first week of feb. Could it be period symptoms? Thank u

Actually honey - I don't want to get your hopes up too much!! BUT nipple soreness and itchy skin - from the breatsgrowing are HUGE indicators of being pregnant!!! So let's hope!!! That would be wonderful news!

That would be amazing news!! I have learned not to get my hopes up too much especially since it has led to disappointment lately.. but I cant help but to let my hopes up a little.. the itchy skin has mostly gone away (i have been putting lotion on them) but my breast and nipples are really sensitive. I will just have to see if my period comes the first week of feb. it will be an amazing bday present if i am pregnant. Thank u for ur advice! :-D