I've had the rash for almost 2 months now. It showed up a day after I went to a concert. It went from an itchy spot on my thigh to a red slash pink spot on mt thigh. It doesn't itch anymore since I started putting allovera on it. Basicly I just need to know what it is and how I get rid of it. I don't have healthcare or anything like that otherwise I would of just asked my doctor. Can anyone help me out please?

What is your recent sexual history like? Any unprotected sex in the recent past? Has the rash shown up before or is this the first time? Any changes to your laundry detergent, fabric softener, soap, etc.? Also, can you describe the rash more in detail = size, color, bumps on it or flat in surface? So many questions I know, but from what you describe it could just be an irritation from something causing you an allergic reaction. Without a bit more history that is the best I can do. Perhaps someone else can help jeremy out! Looking forward to hearing back from you with more details.

About 3 months ago I was having unprotected sex with my ex girlfriend but she's clean. This is the first time it's shown up as well. As for the rash, there's no bumps. The if I scratch the rash there is dead skin. I did get a new body wash but wouldn't that make my whole body break out? The rash seems to be more noticeable after I get home from work or after working out. There is two small reds dots on the rash. Not bumps. I can only describe it as kind of like new stretch mark, but just two red dots. And can the allovera make it worse?

Here's some at-home remedies to try and see what works.

Keep the itchy area cool and moist. Put cloths soaked in ice water on the rash a few times a day. Too much wetting and drying will dry the skin, which can increase itching.

Try an oatmeal bath to help relieve itching. Wrap 1 cup of oatmeal in a cotton cloth or sock and boil as you would to cook it. Allow it to cool to room temperature, and use it as a sponge and bathe in cool water without soap. You may also buy a product at the store, such as Aveeno Colloidal Oatmeal bath. (this is much better than aloe vera)

Avoid scratching as much as possible. Scratching leads to more scratching. Cut nails short or wear cotton gloves at night to prevent scratching. (only if you are sleeping alone, wouldn't want to freak someone out! XD

Wash your clothes with a mild soap, such as CheerFree or Ecover, rather than a detergent. Rinse twice to remove all traces of the soap. Do not use strong detergents.

Use gentle soaps, such as Basis, Cetaphil, Dove, or Oil of Olay, and use as little soap as possible. Do not use deodorant soaps.

Try calamine lotion for a rash caused by contact dermatitis, such as poison ivy or poison oak rashes.

For severe itching, apply 1% hydrocortisone cream 4 times a day until the itch is gone.

Try an oral antihistamine to help the scratch-itch cycle. Examples include chlorpheniramine maleate, such as Chlor-Trimeton, and diphenhydramine, such as Benadryl. Oral antihistamines are helpful when itching and discomfort are preventing you from doing normal activities, such as work and sleep. They do cause some drowsiness though.

If nothing works, see your doctor right away!

so, any clue as to what it is exactly? Or is it hard to say?

Rashes have a lot of causes. I don't think that without seeing it that anyone here would be able to help, and even then, I don't think that we'd be able to accurately diagnose you. In light of the length of the duration of the rash, it might be a good idea for you to at least go to the free clinic if you can. I know that it's hard when you don't have health insurance but it's worth it. A rash that persists that long might be indicative of other issues, so it's good to see a doctor at the clinic. Please keep us posted on your status!