I am a 57 year old woman who is 5' 8". I wear a size 4 or 6 jeans.
My stomach area and abdomen are so bloated that I, as other women, look as though I am pregnant. The bloating starts from under my breasts down to my abdomen.
I feel very uncomfortable. I exercise and run, but not on a consistant basis.
Is there anything I can do to help this bloating go down so I can feel normal again?
Anything I can do will be greatly appreciated.

Well, bloated stomach can be triggered by a lot of things. Could you tell me what are your diet habits? Are you eating enough or too much of vegetables? Do you feel gassy, and if you do, do you feel that way often? Since you're in your mid 50's, I strongly recommend you see your doctor, because this matter is not something you should try to solve on your own. It might be just a hernia, or it might be an indicator of something potentially dangerous. Do you feel any pain? If you decide to visit a doctor, please let us know.

hi, I have the same problem since March 2007 first I started getting sick feeling and tired all the time with pains in my stomach, back and headaches then I went to the doctor and they treated me for a bladder infection well after that cleared up I ws still sick feeling and still had the pains and still tired. so they gave me more antibiotics, Now it was April and nothing help my stomach started to grows each month, I gained 12 pounds in 3 months flutters in stomach and often get the pains in stomach and bach truogh out the months, I been to 4 different drs. and no answers yet, I have had ultrasounds done and they say all is normal, but I know there is a problem something is wrong and people keep asking me when my baby due. i have no answers for myself and need some fast

Hi. My name is Kirk. I would suggest that you visit someone professional about your problem. There are plenty organs in your abdomen and bloated stomach can be caused because a lot of problems. Since you've entered in your late 50's, it can potentially be as serious as a tumor, so I strongly advise you to see a doctor. My aunt also had the same problem, but for her, there were options because it was apparently only inflamed appendix. Also, do you feel any pain in any region of your abdomen? If you do, please let us know, and visit a specialist as quickly as possible. 

I have been through 6 doctors and 5 years of testing...I am gaining weight, bloated, have pain in abdomen, especially in upper right quadrant, and especially after a bowel movement. I am constantly fatigued, and fell WORN OUT all the time. I am miserable. Does anyone else suffer from this? I have been diagnosed with IBS, but I know that something else is wrong. I have yet to get any relief from any medications.

Try to look into Ovarian cancer... The blood test is call CA-125. The doctors might try to talk you out of it because of discreptencies but don't take no for an answer, especially if it runs in your family.

I was feeling bloated and having pain in my stomach often before and after a bowel movement. I felt tired, but I thought I was tired and worn from feeling ill.. and I was gaining weight despite eating very healthy. I went to the doctor and was treated for a urine infection, but after time I continued to have pains and bother.. I returned to the doctor several times untill eventually they took blood tests that showed I have an overactive thyroid, I was given a prescription that speed's up metabolism and I've been feeling a LOT better since. I can't believe I went so long feeling tired and having such little energy. Hope this helps someone. Don't give in. (I just kept returning to the doctor.. my pains and suffering weren't going away so either was I!)

Having excessive bloating and fatigue can can be due to your menstrual cycle..or it can mean that you may have kidney failure..taking a trip to a physician and tell him your symptoms and get a blood sample for peace of mind..

I am 17 yrs old i've had this problem my whole life and my parents wont even take me to the doctor to figure out whats wrong with me. I was born with an enlarged colon maybe that has somethin to do with it. When I eat or drink somethin or If i dont drink or eat im so excessively bloated and i've been gainin more weight and i dont know what to do. I'm so bloated l look 6 to 7 months pregnant so i just suck in and wear hoodies all the time and its ruining everythin and i dont know what to do or where to go. Usually if i dont eat for a few days it goes away. Use to in the 7th grade i use to take gas ex an it would go away but not anymore and it just keeps getting worse. i've gained 30 pounds in less than a year. please if anyone has any answers please tell me!

I have the same issue and I am coeliac. Stop eating gluten and the will ease. You will not loose weight straight away for you will feel better. Be care though. gluten is everywhere. In certain sugars and cereals. Real the labels before you eat any thing.

This time last year my Tummy had become HUGE ~and looked like I was 8 months pregnant
~as it had increased steadily in size~ for about 6 months ~causing very URGENT need to empty my bladder and bowels~ especially when getting out of bed~
also bowel movements became ~ long narrow ribbony strips~ and my belly button became an OUTY with a FLAT area of my stomach
~ also when I ate a large meal ~I found I had the urge to throw up causing lots of watery saliva ~for about 20 mins till the overeating feeling subsided [ it was ~like when you eat bread too quickly]
and other times I had that bitter bile like reflux especially upon waking up ~ also my bladder was needing to be emptied urgently and OFTEN ~AT FIRST I thought I had a bladder infection or developed an IRRITABLE BOWEL

~[ the size of my Cyst was affecting my stomach space and put pressure on bladder and Bowels ]

It turns out after a scan that I had a SEVENTEEN INCH ~OVARIAN CYST That weighed over a stone ~
I needed a total hysterectomy ~and luckily the lab test afterwards showed it was non cancerous
GOOD LUCK Everyone xxx

]Until i was about 24, I was always tired, I could fall asleep while someone was talking to me and i slept about 12 hours every night.]'
Once i even fell asleep in a night club! My stomach would get bloated and i would sometimes have abdominal pain and had numerous occasions where i was booked in to have my appendixs removed, however after being nil by mouth for 8 hours, the pain would go away. I had many tests and check ups and the doctors could find nothing wrong with me. I was always sick and catching whatever bug was around.
By 24 I was so tired I would consistently fall asleep 1/2 an hour after eating. Doctors could find nothing wrong. I started trying to find out what was wrong my self and noticed that certain foods seemed to increase my tiredness. These foods contained preservatives, artificial flavours, wheat and chocolate. After another visit to the doctor who said i had irritable bowl due to depression (I was not depressed).. I decided to go on an elimination diet. after a couple of months i felt fantastic. I had never had so much energy or felt so good in my life. It was explained to me as a food intolerance. My body was intolerant of certain foods and when it had reached a certain `level I became toxic, feeling ill and tired. I try to avoid these foods now and feel better than i ever have

Hi there, I hate that it sounds like you were suffering so much but I'm glad that you're doing so well now. Can you let me know how you're doing? I'd like to hear more about what all you avoided.

I know how you are feeling. I am 34 and for the last few months, especially, I have been feeling sick. I have been to several doctors and the E.R.. They thought it was my appendix, then an infection. They have no clue. I feel myself getting worse. I am so fatigues that I can literally sleep all day and night. I brake out with low grade fevers, face burning, severe dizziness (where the room is spinning) along with other symptoms. They always give me a pill and tell me to come back in a month. I was checked for cancer in April and nothing. Sometimes I have increased appetite and sometimes I can hardly eat at all. I have been tested for tummy problems. I fear the worst and hope for the best. In February I gained 20 pounds in a month. Then lost it in two months. No matter what I eat I have overactive acid and tummy ache and I cannot brush my teeth after eating or I vomit. I wish I knew what was making me ill. Oh, I forgot I have a cyst growing my left and only ovary left. It is growing and expanding off and on. And I get pains like I have an appendicitis or gallstones, but it never seems to be that. I have had one kidney removed so I fear what is wrong. I also get lower back and bladder pains, only I have no infections. I wish I could help and give you some answers. It is awful feeling this way. If I find out anything I will post it.
Hope you feel better.

Have any of you been to a gastroenterologist for this? ESpecially to the guest above it sounds like you may have some sort of bowel issue like an obstruction. Can you let me know how you're doing?