I am 18 years old and have always been actively involved in sports. Recently, though, I have taken up running and usually run for about an hour a day. It is pretty high intensity and the majority of it is done on hilly trails. I understand the importance of keeping hydrated and replenishing electrolytes, and have always just used regular gatorade after running (all other sports I would drink during activity (soccer/tennis mainly) but running in the middle of nowhere does not lend itself well to stopping by your bag and getting some water... As of now I drink 17oz of Gatorade right after my run by taking powder packs and dumping them into 17 ounces of water. But, when I was looking to buy more I found a myriad of different types of gatorades and other options, so I am curious as to what you guys think. Should I go for the gatorade endurance? Or should I be looking at something else? I would like to stick to some sort of powder as I am in a dorm room which does not give me a lot of space to store bottles and it is a lot cheaper. So, what should I be doing? Thanks!

I do coconut water and lemon water.

I am not so sure I get the gatorade thing, have you ever looked at the ingredients, it is colored sugar water. BUt they have the marketing dollars to tout it as a great drink. YIKES>>>>

Hi all.
I am 24 years old and 56 kg of weight. I want to increase my weight up to 60 kg. Is 56 kg is good at my age or less ? I do some normal exercises at home. I know about solid food but not quite sure for beverages. Suggest me some nutritious and energy beverages

Gatorade does have a lot of sugars which is good during sports activities to give you energy. I usually drink water and sometimes I'll have a Vitamin water. I think the vitamin waters have sugar in them too which I don't necessarily want.

Water is always your best bet. It is free and absorbs quicker than anything else around. Rehydrating is more important than taking in any calories, so start there.

I agree about the Gatorade posts (expensive colored sugar water) it appeals to the masses, but isn't ideal for athletes. Instead choose a recovery powder made from mostly maltodextrin or dextrose. There are quite a few good options out there, but I recommend Mike's Mix one of your least expensive options and really well made.

Good Luck

Interesting idea on the coconut water and lemon water. I'm getting ready to run the CIBC Run for the cure this October thanks for the suggestion

*** edited by moderator *** no advertising links ***

I always prefer the use of the plane water and there is only one reason behind it because we can easily burn the fat of the body by the use of the excessive amount of the plane water in our life.

You should drink fresh fruits juices during and after your sports time.
Fresh fruits juices provide good amount of vitamins, calcium, mineral, and nutrition.

any comment?