Hi, I am a young woman of the age 23 who has been diagnosed with (PolyCystic) or PCOS and I am not on medication for it, so I am not getting my periods, so how is it possible with women that have pcos to get pregnant??? IT just doesnt make sense to me, I amsorry. But I have been having fatigue, heartburn, constipation, vomiting and lightheadness the last week or so and its not the flu and its not gallbladder or gall stones and I just had an upper endoscopy and colonstopy done too and all came back negative.

You can definitely get pregnant if you have PCOS. I got pregnant but it turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy. Just telling you to be careful because just because you have PCOS doesn't mean you can't conceive. We're all individuals and its a case by case basis.

People with PCOS can concieve, so birth control is a necessity if one wishes to not become pregnant.

PCOS women can ovulate, but they often may not have a period to show for it.

I also have PCOS. There are many options out there for you to conceive!! Usually they will start you on Metformin first to regulate your hormones and blood sugar. Then, you can try Clomid; it helps people ovulate. If that does not work, you can go see a specialist in infertility. They can give you more options, such as: laparoscopic surgery (that is how I got pregnant!!), IUI's, and eventually invitro.

I would ask your OB where to begin!! Good luck, it is certainly possible!!

I too have been diagnosed with PCOS. (unfortunately). I have had 3 pregnancies . The first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. The second pregnancy was rough and ended in pre-term labor at about 7.5 months along (but the outcome was a healthy baby). The thrid pregnancy just ended and it turned out to be an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured my falopian tube. (as if PCOS didnt make it hard enough to become pregnant i am now working with only one falopian tube). My question now is "Can PCOS cause an ectopic pregnancy?" I have none of the risk factors for an ectopic pregnancy. I have researched a lot and cant find any links between the two. Does anyone have an answer for me?

To the guest:

Hi, I'm silvia and I also have PCOS. Also endometriosis, past fibroids as well. I had a m/c end of June-first pg and was a molar pg. I'm an RN as well. When you have an ectopid pg, what happenes is that the fertilized egg plants itself on the wall of the falopian tube instead of continuing through the falloipan tube to plant itself on the uterine wall. Ectopic pg's can be very painful and can be life threatening as well. They just occur-noone knows why.

I also take metformin (generic for glucophage) given usually for type 2 diabetics, but medicine has found that it helps with PCOS, syndrome X which they usually call it as well. And yes, it helps you ovulate. You can have your period, but it doesn't mean you have ovulated. The egg has to come from the follicle in the ovary but sometimes that doesn't happen, but you still shed the uterine lining. And sometimes, some of us don't get our period.

I HIGHLY recommend seeing a REPRODUCTIVE ENDOCRINOLOGIST. I ONLY go to my RE for my PCOS, he's done my laproscopic surgery to remove my fibroid(s) and still treats my PCOS. They also make it a point to check to see if your fallopian tubes are both patent (open), and check your hormones-if one is out of wack, this could be the culprit in not getting pg.

Good luck and god bless

-Silvia

I have PCOS too, and while on Metformin AND Yasmin I conceived two "accidental" babies who turned out to be quite healthy. So it does happen indeed.

I am 23 and found out I had poly at 13,, I was told I probley couldn't have kids , I never took any drugs to help me get pregnant and I am on my 3 pregnancy, 17 weeks hope for the best and stay positive , I notice every time I loose weight I get pregnant ,

Hi..my wife have PCOS bu she get pregnant..is there any bad effects with our baby?

i have pcos too,i take pill for about 3months & stop it this oct. , had unprotected sex w/ my bf & got the symptoms after 2weeks of making love. nausea,vomiting *morning or evening/sometimes after eating* lower back pain,tender breast as weeks goes by my symptoms continued lower abdominal pain,weird movement on my belly,very painful & bigger breast specially before going to sleep,headaches,stuffy runny nose yet having a strong scent,frequently peeing *sometimes*,i also had this experience when my pee automatically flow most when i sneeze *to the point that my undies&short were a little wet*,heartburn,a slight fatigue,burping ,yellowish-stain-like discharge,missed period for almost 2months this coming nov.15 *if ever i dont get my mens. on my expected date* had 2negatives & 3faint-second-line hpt's,other said maybe my faint-second line was the so called evaporation line?!having trouble w/ my trousers cause its to fit now because i think my lower back expand?!sometimes feel sleepy,excessive salivation,food aversion,right now i think im 7-8weeks?abdomen & lower abdomen pain & painful breast is the only symptoms i have,read that its because ur hormone get used to it so its normal when ur symptoms come and go.i dont know if im pregnant or is this side effect of stopping my pills?!i cant afford to have transv.any idea?!pls help me.

my areola became bigger & darker,sometimes instead of eating at break time i prefer to have a nap then eat at merienda time or dinner time,im too emotional this days,i cried on simple&little things,i want my bf always on my side & cried when he leaves,there were also a time when we think he's having my other symptoms cause i step on him,he told me he always want to eat a lot & he hated me sometimes he dont know why.& he feel nauseated,my friend also thought she's getting my symptoms cause every morning when i came at the office she's the one ill immediately talk to & she eat a lot more now unusual cause she's not that greedy lol :p my bf know in his self that i do pregnant he even told me on the 1stym i nauseated & vomit that "ur pregnant? ur pregnant right?! i knew it cause i hunch the day we make love!",other friends told me guys/bf were good & had a great sense when their gf is pregnant?!my lmp was oct.14-19 had sex at oct.21&26 *should take my pill at oct.16 but i didnt* so its been 6days w/ no pill at oct.21 & 11days at oct.26.. by oct.28-30 & nov.10-14 i had this fresh-red-stretchy-medium-flow menstruation.my poly cystic friend have her mens. thrice in a month when she was pregnant on her 2boys,so she told me maybe were the same & maybe  i am really pregnant?!she even told me "ur vagina was cleaned by taking pill though its only 3months so its possible you are indeed pregnant,& you already make love on the week/s you stopped ur pill so its really possible" help plsss.

Where your other 2 pregnancies successful?

I have pcos and I just had an ectopic pregnanc.