:-( Hi i am experiencing extremely tender and painful breasts, we are trying to fall pregnant but i have polystic ovaries sydrome. if i am not ovulating and haven't been for 3 months, has clear watery discharge and sore breast and fatigue am i still able to fall pregnant or do i need to be ovulating to fall pregnant. why do i have pregnancy systoms

You have to ovulate to get pregnant because ovulation means that the egg is being released from your ovaries. Without an egg, you can't get pregnant because it is the egg (that is being released during ovulation) what turns into a fetus once fertilized by a single spermatozoa.

Have you tested to see if you are pregnant? Pregnancy symptoms occur due to hormonal changes so any hormonal changes (including those related to PCOS) you experience in your body could be causing symptoms similar to pregnancy symptoms.

I was going to say the same thing, that PCOS sufferers tend to experience some pregnancy symptoms.

EVEN with PCOS, it is possible to become pregnant, but you will have to test and learn when you will ovulate so you can have better odds.

Well I was diagnosed with PCOS also and i went to the doctor today and she had me do a pregnant test and it came back that i was pregnant.. How could that be if im not ovualting.. And i even had my period last week after 6 months of not having it.. How can that be??

Hi i just was dignosed with PCOS can you still get prgrant?

I have a problem because I have always had my period until last month and I have taken a pregnancy test and it came back negative and my doctor told me that I probably didn't ovulate but that if i don't get my period by the 45th day to take another pregnancy test and I have all the pregnancy symptoms. If I didn't ovulate and I am not pregnant I am wondering why he said to take another pregnancy test

Hey guys,
I kow there is so much said out there about PCOS and not being able to get pregnant. I have had unprotected sex with 2 people I dated for a total of 5 years and did not fall pregnant. I got a new partner and was with him 3 months and fell pregnant (so not fair!) Also after I had my baby, my periods started a normal 28 day cycle when they had never done so before! I think why I got pregnant is because I lost a lot of weight beforehand, hence I stopped smoking and drinking alcohol for about 2 months (very hard!!) but so appropriate as I couldn't do these things once I found out I was pregnant anyway. I never paid much attention, but I think your best bet is to try those ovulation predictor things to find out when and if you're ovulating and once you are, go for it! Because with PCOS we don't ovulate as often as everyone else. I'm trying to get pregnant again now and having a bloody hard time!!
Good luck guys

As your doctor to try you on metformin for PCOS. Metformin is a drug use for type ll diabetes, and they think that PCOS is caused by an underlying resistance to insulin. I started taking metformin 3 years ago and have been regular every month since. Prior to taking the metformin I would only get my period sporadically, I once went 18 months without one. I have become pregnant twice as well since starting the metformin. Unfortunately both pregnancies ended in miscarraige, but we are still trying. For me there are no side effects and it has been around for a very long time so the safety profile is good. And it's relatively inexpensive as well which is nice...

you do not have to have a period to ovulate. at least i believe my dr told me that. i two havent had my period since september. my breast are extremely sore and ive noticed im moody, real tired, urinating more, craving foods. the other day i stretched up above my head and got a sharp pain in my ovary area. i too have pcos. in 2009 i had surgery and they took one ovary and part of my tube. i want to be pregnant but im nervous that its false pregnancy. or all in my head becaue i want a child so badly.

Well i ovulated last month and got the same tender breasts

Need a lil more info

Hello, I have pcos and haven't had a period in about 5 years and my partner and I don't have unprotected sex anyway so I'm not pregnant. But this past week my breasts are extremely tender and hurt like crazy. Is this a regular symptom of pcos? I've never experienced this in my 5 years.

Does pcos make your breast painful in feeling heat on it

Sometimes pregnancy test may be wrong. It can also be because you are out of eggs making periods and pregnancy impossible. Although I would get a second opinion