My mother recently died. Her doctor told to me that she had Central Sleep apnea. Before, that she had extremely high blood pressure. Her condition was urgent, she was in hospital, were she died.
I am 46 years old, and I also have high blood pressure. It can also happen to me, I afraid. What is Central Sleep Apnea? What are causes of Central sleep Apnea? Thank you!

Hi! Central sleep apnea, a condition in which a person stops breathing during sleep because of reduced output from the central nervous system. Because the brain controls breathing patterns, brain damage can result in central sleep apnea. Heart failure is the most common cause of central sleep apnea. Heart failure is not the same as a heart attack. Heart attacks damage the heart muscle. If enough damage accumulates, heart failure occurs. High blood pressure is the other major cause of heart failure. I suggested to you to take care about your health. You have increased risk for hart disease.

With high blood pressure, you are at risk of having so much heart problems which will lead someday to heart attack. As for sleep apnea, it does not mean it's related to having high blood pressure. She just stopped breathing during her sleep.