Hello! My husband has been recently diagnosed a sleep apnea. At first he used to sleep restless and went to the toile at least two times during the night. I thought it was connected to his bladder. He always used to snore but last few months he started to wake up gasping for air. This was the reason to visit our doctor. Since my husband gained ten kilograms in last six months he was advised to start a diet. Is it possible to improve sleep apnea with a diet?

Hello! Weight reduction in individuals with obstructive sleep apnea is very important. Your husband has to develop health eating habits and increase daily physical activity.
He should eat smaller meals three to five times daily. His meal has to content whole grains, lean proteins, fresh fruit and vegetables. It is important to eat slowly and drink plenty of water, especially immediately before the meals. He should avoid buffets and prepare healthy snacks such as apples or carrots, limit salt, caffeine, and alcohol. It doesn’t mean your husband will get cured from sleep apnea with a healthy diet but his symptoms will be relieved.