Day 8--- So, i am almost out of pain killers, and it kinda hurts. not un bearable pain unless it's morning my scabs haven't fallen off yet, but I hadn't eaten inn a week, and had my first meal last night. Granted it was sloppy joe, and i ate it with a spoon, but its progress compared to no food at all. Best advice? Stay hydrated. If you stay hydrated, then you have nothing to worry about. It was really really bad in the beginning, but not so much now. I still wouldn't do it over again. Not to save my life.

Hello Jessica.
Fortunately I had my tonsils out when I was little, so I don't remember the pain. But, for most of the adult tonsillectomy patients the horrible pain is the symbol of tonsillectomy and post surgery recovery.
You're on the day 8, so your recovery and ability to eat normally will take some time. Usually about 5 to 7 days after tonsillectomy surgery, white scabs begin to form. They are normal part of the healing and recovery process.  During this period you have to keep your throat moist. You should drink plenty of water, even if you're not thirsty to minimize the extent of tonsillectomy scabs.
It's debatable whether or not rough food reduces the formation of tonsillectomy. Some reports from UK and Australia, where patients eat a normal diet almost immediately after tonsillectomy, tells that these patients experience little or no tonsillectomy scabbing.
As I said, it will take some time for scabs to begin falling off.  When that happens, some bleeding is common, which can be stopped by gargling with very cold water. However, if it continues, ask for doctor's help. 
One thing that you won't be glad to hear is that as the scabs fall off, pain can also increase.  This could be hard, because when you finally start to feel better, you may face unbearable pain again. But don't let this discourage you, the pain is only temporary. Good luck.