My tonsillectomy is on Thursday the 19th. I am a 17 y.o female and I have a lot of questions and I would like answers from people who have had a tonsillectomy before!.

My Questions:
1. What foods did you eat?
2. What did yoU do in your spare time?
3. What did you bring to the hospital if you had to stay?{i am b/c of a blood disorder.}

It would also be nice for you to tell me your stories, what you wish you knew, survival tips, or anything that you think would help me!
Thanks to everyone who posted :-D ! uest

Celebrity
My daughter had hers out when she was 12.
You can eat anything an straight away. In fact the sooner you eat things like toast the better.
Drink loads an ice cream is good to cool your throat.
It will be painfull for a few days but after about a week you will be fine.
My daughter went through a lot of pain after a few days. She had bad ear pain too, i thought she had an infection but apparently thats normal.
What to do in your spare time!!!!!! get on with your life, you wont be isolated.
She came home the next day.
Watch tv, read a book, do a puzzle. Its not that long till you back to normal.
Enjoy the rest XD

your daughter was lucky. Im 16 years old and i had my tonsils and adnoids taken out 5 days ago. The surgery wasnt bad and days 1 and 2 were tolerable. Days 3 and 4 got worse, today was bad this morning. But this afternoon i was able to eat for the first time. I have been taking pain killer every 4 hrs as directed for pain since my pain and swelling has been horrible. So far i have lost 8 lbs. And im pretty hungry iv survived on otter*pops and water.

I'm 16 I got my tonsils removed about 6 days ago. I started puking on the second morning after my surgery. I was in unbearable pain I went to the hospital and they helped all the pain go away. IF YOU PUKE GO TO THE HOSPITAL IT WILL HELP YOU SO MUCH MORE THAN STAYING AT HOME AND WAITING IT OUT. they gave me an IV to keep me hydrated and to give me pain medication and a stomach settler, I don't know how I would've survived without going there and I don't know how people have survived without going there after puking. I stayed over night that night (I didn't need to but I wanted to) and honestly it really helped, I believe I'm in the route to a quicker recovery because I went there. They told me to gargle with salt water every hour to keep it clean and my scabs are very thin and already going away. Looking at pictures of others scabs compared to mine, because of the salt water gargling mine look like they are healing 10x faster, and the scabs are much thinner and less disgusting looking than pictures of people on the same day as me. I'm in very very little pain now, I haven't taken medication since yesterday morning (day 5). The salt water really helps loosen up the scabs and make them come off easier. I'd recommend not eating normal food while the scabs are present. It just gets stuck in the scabs and makes it less clean, therefore making the scabs thicker and grosser. I haven't been able to eat much but I believe keeping to liquids helps the healing process. So that you can eat normal food quicker. and I definitely recommend and ice pack for your throat it will help decrease the swelling and ease the pain. And for medication I was prescribed liquid tylonel 3 and children's liquid Advil. Take the medication when you NEED it. I know they tell you to take it every 4-6 hours but I believe having more medication in my stomache than food is what made me puke in the first place, and is often the reason of most puking after tonsillectomy. Don't over due the medicine it could save you from a trip to hell and back, seriously.

What method was used to remove your tonsils?

Know it was a while ago but how much salt to water? I'm day 2 and food sticking to scabs.