I am currently 4 months postpartum and I have been having some tension and stiffness in my hands. I also suffer from generalized anxiety and panic disorder. Could this problem with my hands be related to either the post partum period or anxiety? Should I be worried about other health concerns? Please, anyone who has input let me know.

Muscle tension is one of the many somatic (physical) symptoms of anxiety disorders. It never hurts to get a doctor checkup, but you shouldn't worry so much about your physical health. One major cause of anxiety and panic is obsessing about insignificant, negative things. Just try to stop worrying about your hands, and when you start worrying, assure yourself that nothing is wrong, and everything will be fine.

If you aren't already seeing a therapist, I'd definitely recommend some long-term therapy. I've dealt with my own various anxiety disorders for many years (panic, social anxiety, phobias etc). One of my major problems was (and still is to some extent) constant worrying about my family's or my own health, and that worrying would lead to panic attacks. Although medications can be helpful, the one thing that can make a permanent difference is long-term and consistent psychotherapy. Dealing with your own issues will make you a better mother, benefit your overall health, and improve your quality of life.

Good luck!