I have problems with anxiety for 2 years now. Lately, I have been experiencing chest pain every time I panic about something. At times, this pain is so sever that I think I will faint. Is it possible that this pain is related to anxiety? Can someone tell me more?

Before anything, I need to tell you that if you haven't been to your doctor about this chest pain, the smart thing is to go as soon as possible. Anxiety can be a normal alarm system, alerting us to danger but sometimes anxiety can be out of control. It can give us a sense of dread and fear for no apparent reason and this kind of anxiety can disrupt our life. Generalized anxiety disorder is worry or fear that isn't related to a particular event or situation. Symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder are muscle tension, trembling, shortness of breath, fast heartbeat, dry mouth, dizziness, nausea, irritability, loss of sleep, not being able to concentrate etc. Panic disorder is another type of anxiety and it occurs when you have repeated periods of extreme panic, called panic attacks. They last about 5 to 30 minutes and may include any of the symptoms like chest pain, racing pulse, pounding heart, sweating, nausea etc. If they are left untreated, panic attacks can lead to phobias. A phobia is considered as a problem only when it keeps you from living a normal life.

please do not ignore chest pain. Chest pain can be because of multitude of reasons, some may be minor and some are severe that need immediate attention. I suggest you to visit a doctor.