Hello. I am a 24 years old women and I tend to worry a lot. An anxiety rush is my everyday occurrence. Now, I was wondering if that has an impact on my heart. Could I really die from anxiety? Please respond, because my father died from a heart attack, and he was a nervous person, too.

Of course, anxiety has an impact on your heart. And if your family has a history of heart diseases, you should seriously look out from it. Anxiety is a form of stress, and every stressful situation contributes to your worsening of your health. You could consider going to some support group so you could release yourself from any of your phobias.

Anxiety can begin at any age , I have that problem even panic attacks , if one continues having problems with stress as you get older it can lead to hypertension which is High blood pressure , what you should do is find something to do other than worry (which I know is hard to do but it can be done if one will work at it ) because worrying causes all stress related problems. My husband passed away in front of me and all our children with a heart attack , and of coarse it will bother you , but you are way to young to have this problem maybe you should seek counseling while you are still at a young age. there are some homapathic medicines that has helped me when I feel really stressed out it is called RESCUE you can purchase this from a health store.

I nearly went into cardiac arrest from anxiety...so yes...you can die from it.

Celebrity
Rather than worry about what it can do to you why don't you try and fix the worrying problem? Have you tried cbt? It has changed my life dramatically more than I ever thought anything could this year. I highly recommend cbt for panic, anxiety and depression. If you can't afford a cbt group pick up a copy of Been there, done that? Do this! By sam obitz (tao3.com) and start doing the tea form exercise in it. This is one of the two books we used in my group. Take care and know you can get better if you learn to think more objectively about your self through the cbt exercises and your self esteem will return. The more you work on the exercises the more relief you get, I am still improving today.