How will I know that I have an anxiety attack and not TIA (transient ischemic attack)? What are the symptoms of TIA and what of anxiety attack? I’ve heard that TIA could be deadly and it scared hell out of me. Please I need to clear this.

I get a lot of questions about stroke and TIA, especially since I have an increased risk of stroke. So, I did some internet research. TIA is a transient stroke that lasts only a few minutes and occurs when the blood supply to part of the brain is briefly interrupted. TIA symptoms are similar to those of stroke but do not last as long: Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg, especially on one side of the body, trouble speaking or understanding, sudden trouble walking, dizziness, and loss of balance or coordination … and anxiety attack reflect your behavior, physical and emotional condition. Some of the anxiety attack symptoms include: chronic worry and anxiousness about events that are unlikely to occur, restlessness and inability to relax, muscular tension, aches or soreness, stomach problems, sweating or hot flashes, irritability, avoidance...etc. If you have generalized anxiety disorder, you may notice better and worse times of the day, or better and worse days in general. With anxiety disorders, you may also suffer symptoms of other disorders as well, such as depression, social anxiety, or panic disorder.

Yes i did. I had an episode last week and my blood pressure went through the roof: 190 over 105! I was at a family party and couldn't get the words out at all. My thoughts just couldn't run togehter to give me a sentence. It was like my head was stuffed with cotton. I thought I was saying to someone I was speaking to that "I can't speak" and what she heard was "I'm so afraid". I know I said that too, but I also was positive I said more than that. This is the second major incident of this kind and I am scared to wits end. This post explains it well. Thank you.

i had a tia and also suffer from very severe depression since i had the tia i stopped everything that meant anything to me my hobbies any thing at all that makes life worth living sometimes i feel death is preferred to living with this